Sunday, October 06, 2002

Hillsong

I had written something about my experience last night, but for some reason, it disappeared.

Anyways, last night was an amazing experience. I went to Queensway Cathedral to see Hillsong. They are a band from Australia who write contemporary Christian songs. I never even knew they were a band before last night, and I had sung so many of their songs before.

I found out they are a church (website) of 14,000 people. Truly this is an act of God bringing all these people together in one church.

So anyways, this was an experience well needed for me. I felt just going sideways, and not going forward often, and this night just gave me so much. I have made it my goal this year to participate in more things, and be more active in fellowship.

It was amazing to see the people there lining up. I got there at 6:30, and luckily for me, I had Dorothy and Jeff standing there for me. I really appreciate what they did, and I am so grateful. theygot there at 5PM and the first show is not until 7:30PM. But what's worse is we didn't even make the first show, it was that packed. From what I heard, people at the front got there at 12PM. So we were so close to the front, when they stopped letting people in. So we waited until the next show, at about 9PM I think.

The only bad point of the night was about 15 mins after getting there, the lady behind us started ranting. she was upset with all the extra people in our group, and made her frustration known. she was staring me down. she was yelling at us "Have you ever read the book on Honesty?" Man, I wasn't too happy with all her yelling. but I didn't do anything. I do admit, budding wasn't cool of me. And it didn't look too good that ou party had multiplied by so many. I just wanted to turn around and say "Yes I have, along with the book on patience, and turning the other cheek", but I didn't of course. (don't worry, this story does not end with me yelling at her, or saying something smart, I just did not respond.) So by the time we got near the entrance and they stopped letting people in, the lady decided to leave and not wait anymore.

Nevertheless, it was still a good night. If I am ever in Australia, I will definately try and make a stop at Hillsong Church.

No comments: