So last week there was this announcement of the first ever cloned human. "Nickname" Eve is what I hear her name (or nickname) is. and there are expected to be at least another 5 clone babies to be given birth in next year I think. Anyways, cloning has always been a sensitive issue. A lot of people say it's immoral, playing God, all sorts of stuff. This changes life has we know it.
Anyways, this news was a shock to me in that morning. I turned on CP24 and all I see is this news conference with this freakishly looking scary women talking. They are apart of this group "Cloneage" I think? They believe us humans started existence by aliens. Anyways, I was thinking about this the whole way up to work. I was thinking, how in the world did this group get all this tv coverage. There is no credibility, there is no proof, just hearsay. I mean sure if it's true, it would be huge news, and worth the tv coverage. But no one has even seen or know where is Eve. We just have to believe this scary doctor lady. From what I hear, supposedly "Eve" was supposed to be born on the 25th, how ironic that it's the 25th, birthday of Christ.
Even is supposed to arrive somewhere in US today for DNA testing. I personally do not believe that Eve is truly a clone. I don't think this Cloneage group has any credibility and I don't believe what they say is true. I think this whole thing is a hoax.
I'm just not convinced that we can reproduce someone DNA as a perfect match. Although I have no background on why I believe this, or any credibility for you to "just trust me", it's just my personal opinion. But if we are to believe this is true, how come we can't even see a picture of Eve? I mean I can understand hiding the whereabouts of Eve, or any live pictures as well, but maybe just a photo with no background?
But why are people believing this women? I mean have they ever done anything incredible like this? If someone knows, please tell me. Here we are believing this women who think we all were created from aliens. I am surprised at how naive and gullible people can be. But maybe I am making this huge overstatement of humankind.
Anyways, on to other matters. I went to see the Lion King Musical last night. It was Justin, Frank, Kitty, Milesa, and myself. This musical was so good. The costumes, set, singing were just astounding. So good that Frank and I walked out thinking, "Why can't we be in a musical like that", "We're in the wrong business, we got to get into show business." Just seeing the little Simba and Nala made me wonder, how come my parents never pushed me into the musical show business. That'd be so cool to say, "Yeah, I played Simba in the Lion King.". hahaha.
Restaurant review: Urban on King street between John and Blue Jay Way. My sister suggested this restaurant as she heard it was decent. We went there after the show and I order this Five spiced chicken with rice and vegetables with a papaya sauce. So anyways, I didn't find this dish very very good. I mean it was decent, but wasn't all that great. The place looked nice, but more of a "date" place than a "friend" place. washrooms were not impressive at all. Don't go into the washroom in back of restaurant if your a guy. They strategically place a mirror somewhere you don't want it to be. The waitress was very nice though. She was funny, very nice to talk to. Anyways, 2.5/5 stars.
So last week it was announced the chain Hooters has purchased an airline that they will run under the name Hooters Air. I was laughing so hard when I heard about this. So it's gonna be a place full of single men, on "business" trips, with stewardess' in tiny tops, orange shorts, with very good wings. That just sounds like trouble to me. Sounds like the count for people belonging to the "Mile High Club" is about to increase exponentially. Some may think it may not fly (the concept that is), but I don't know, there are a lot of single men out there. As long as their prices are competitive, it may be work out okay.
Monday, December 30, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment