You know, don't you hate it when your in a rush, or it's an important day, and about everything that can go wrong, does?
Last week was a bad week. On Wednesday was my Mom's Birthday. I was to go pick up the cake and the sushi platter I had ordered after work. If all things went right, I'd be able to do both and pick up my dad on his way home. But like I said at the beginning, everything went wrong.
Started off, I lost a few games of snooker before I left, that was not good. Then I went down, to the car, one of the coldest days ever. Tried to start the car, it did not start! That was probably the worst day to not work, as I had errands to run. They were expecting me at a certain time. So I went back up to work to ask a co-worker to help me, cause I know nothing about cars. So eventually, the car started, but it did not sound great. He told me drive around, on the highway for some time, to let the engine heat up. I did that, of course this did not good for me, cause I was wasting time, but better to get there late, and be able to leave, than get there, and get stuck again. Finally, after adding about 1 hour to the time I expected to leave, I finally got aruond to picking up my orders. I slowly drove home, and the worst part was, I did not want the engine to cool down, to the little needle indicating that on my dash was my indicator. Everytime I wanted to turn on the heat, it went down. This was not good, I was freezing cold. I ended up driving home with no heat the whole way. Only when I was close to home, my toes were so numb I was scared of frostbite, and the thought of possibly amputation, did I say, "damn the engine, my toes are freezing, I need heat!" So as I said, proof that in the worst times when you need everything to go well, it goes exactly opposite.
Sunday I was sitting in Sunday school, when I needed my Palm. I took it out, started trying to use it, when I realized, the screen is not letting me do anything with writing. I tried everything, resetting, a full reset wiping everything out. No help! My Palm is dead! I need some serious help, I can't live without one now, I don't know what my appointments are anymore! I can't organize my life! This sucks, no warranty anymore, everything is gone, and now I have to look into buying another one! This sucks!
I am here at work doing nothing, cause I just decided this project I was given is finished. I have been working on it for about a month now. I finally got it working and documented to my approval. I e-mailed my team leader that I was finished, and now, I got nothing to do. I refuse to work more on it, in case I mess the whole thing up. Now I got nothing to do, I am back to my boredom state. And the two guys sitting around me, one was laid off last week, other was given his work on top of the work he already had, he's got no time to chat or play pool/ping pong. I got nothing to do.
I think I'm starting to feel separated from UTCCF. Almost every week I hear about this new girl, or this new guy. And I have no idea who they are. I have not met them, have not been there since first week of school, in September. I have no idea who these people are, and I kinda miss knowing everybody. hahaha. But I vow to stay at where I am. You know I am glad I started going to Hosanna for fellowship. I really needed something new, and God provided me with this opportunity to go to their fellowship. i just started when I started going. God really filled my need when I needed it. and it works out perfectly with my situation, getting home late, no time to go to CCF, but since GLU (God Loves U, the fellowship name) starts late, I can make that, so good.
I was drinking my water at work today. I brought a spring water bottle from home. We had kept it when we went to Conneticut. And I noticed and interesting thing. On all bottles in Canada, we use 'ml' to indicate the volume inside. This bottle does not, it writes: (.5L, 1Pt, .9FL Oz), which I find interesting. Units are in Litres, Pints, and Fluid Ounces. Why don't they just use 'ml'? It's so muh easier? They already use 'L', why not 'ml'?
Monday, January 27, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment