Alright, more restaurant reviews. I like doing these, gives me something to critique about.
Sushi Inn - Located in the posh neighbourhood of Yorkville, this restaurant is fair value. I enjoye this place, although we sat in the lower level, which was not as nice an atmosphere as the upstairs, so that's a deduction. The food was good though, I enjoyed my sushi platter, it had an eel roll, spicy tuna roll. I liked the whole plate, good presentation. All in all, I'd give it a 3.75/5.
I'd like to correct my previuos rating of Piper's Bar and Restaurant. After thinking about it, it does not deserve such a high rating at 4.5. So I'll give it a 4.0 to leave some leeway.
Today I had a good day. Went to Good Friday worship in the morning. Although I did not go to TCBC. I went to Hosanna Evangelical Free Church. It was an okay service, wasn't anything spectacular. It was interesting going to another church for service though. Was talking to my sister when we were in there and we were like, only thing bad about being in such a small church (it's pretty small), is new people stick out like a sore thumb. And yes we did. So at the end, the Pastor specifically made a point, "If anybody is new, could you please introduce yourself and your friends." And then he just stared at me. I knew the Pastor, because I go there for fellowship, so he saw me, and knew I hadn't been there. Man, I felt so awkward introducing my mother and sister, and myself. Anyways, it was a nice experience.
I went dim sum after, and we sat in this small room with three tables. And in the middle of our meal, some new people sat next to us. A litle while after, I glanced over, saw this girl sitting at the table. Then I thought, wait a minute, she looks like this girl that I went to high school with who, I would say we were pretty good friends. I didn't want to say anything, even though we remained good friends up until she went to University. Then it stopped. I don't know, should I of said anything, I really was not too sure whether it was her. and it'd be weird to say something if it was not her. Anyways, I didn't, maybe I should of, but too bad. Had I not been with my mom and sister, I might of said something. I don't know what stops me, but maybe it's embarassment.
Went to see Passion Play at the Queensway Cathedral tonight. Was not packed at all tonight, unlike the first time I went two years ago. But we did not pay last time, and we did this time. But the play was just as good I felt. I expected a lot of it, so it was not as "ohhhhh" anymore. But if anyways get's the chance to go see it, I'd take the opportunity to do so. It's a play re-enactment of the life of Jesus. They got real animals. pyrotechnics, fireworks. Man, when Satan appeared, they shot up these four fire bursts that blinded me. I had to close me eyes they were so bright, and I could feel the heat. AND I was sitting second last row. Check it out if you have a chance. If not this year, next.
Last two weeks at work have been good for me. I have been so busy, but that is exactly what I want. I don't know if that's healthy. Because I always need work to do, challenging work, otherwise I'll be bored. I was speaking to a friend who was saying the same thing about her boyfriend. She does not think it's too good to be working so hard, or to always enjoy more when working more. I don't know, I think I just need a challenge. If I don't find my work challenging, then why am I doing it? Who doesn't feel the same way? I don't know how people can work if they don't feel challenged. I think a lot of people view relationships this way too. But I don't wanna get into that right now. But basically I said it before, and it's like women go for the "rough" and "tough" guys cause they feel it's a challenge for them to "change" them. Anyways, I can always talk about that another time.
Saturday, April 19, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment