This pen here is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. This pen stores what you write by hand and then when you place it in it's own USB cradle, it transfers all you have written to your computer. That is so cool, too bad it's damn expensive, not a toy worth owning at this price.
What it does it there is a small digital camera inside the pen. It records everything you write, and digitizes it. Then when hooked up to the cradle, transfers that digital document to your computer. I can see big uses for this. I want one just to play with.
The danger with this is the small digital camera. Who is to stop some techie to change the software so it becomes a real recorder and digitizes caputred data. Then at the end, has a movie made of what it has taped. This could pose great danger in privacy, and breed a new breadth of peepers. Think about it, not many people would expect to be invaded by some pen. Something to think about.
the article I read about this is here, I read something with more info somewhere else but I cannot find it anymore.
Anyways, enjoy the pen.
No comments:
Post a Comment