Taking it easy on the writing, but let's continue with some things I noticed in Europe, some things I experienced, any anything else I guess?
So last blog I wrote how I liked Salzburg and Florence the most. But I liked each one for different reasons. Salzburg I liked because it was so picturesque. The nice mountains in the background, the nice shops with some nice architecture, has a nice old feeling to it. Then the buildings that are built into the mountains. Just amazing beauty.
But Florence I liked because of its culture and laid back feeling. How I could sit in a piazza and drink a capucchinno and read a book. And I felt if you don't rush through it, you can absorb more and see more things.
However, I forgot to mention how I liked London as well. Now partly it was because I had a cousin there who could take me around as well, so that helped a lot or else I may have been a little lost of not of experienced as much. But one thing I loved about London were its buildings. Each one I saw was like a piece of art, such nice buildings everywhere. The lifestyle, I could get used to it as well. Quite different from a North American style of living, but I think it's an interesting condition. However, you'd also have to make a decent living to be able to enjoy life there, otherwise it may not be so great. Whereas in North America and everywhere else, if you make a decent amount of money you can always enjoy, but in North America in comparison to other countries, you can survive and still enjoy in something a little less as well. This is in comparison of course.
Highlights
Watching the Euro Cup. Now I was in Venice when the final was being played. We stayed on a campsite, and what made it great was because being on a campsite, can't go anywhere. So like the whole campsite just surrounded the projction tv in the bar to watch it. Was amazing how many people we had. That was very nice.
Watching the Tour de France. It amazes me how many people do not even know what the Tour de France is. I tell people here at home I went to Tour de France, and they are like, what's that? Anyways, it's cycling's hugest event of the year. It's a race and they cycle all around France. Seom southern to Northern I think. Up mountains, hills and roads. So I just happened to be in Paris on the final stage of the tour, which was in Paris. We (a couple guys I met) parked outselves right near the finish line on Rue de Rivoli by the Place de Concorde (huge monument that is gold coloured with a tip at the top). It was amazing watching it, something I'll never experience over here. They go super fast I could hardly even see Lance. By the way, Lance is Lance Armstrong, winner of the Tour de France for the last six years since he battled back from Cancer. Truly a remarkable story, I hear hi biography is amazing, so I am planning on buying it when I see it cheaper.
When I was in London at the end of my trip, went with my cousin and her friends to an open air jazz/swing concert. It was great to just sit on the lawn, listen to music. You can hardly get to do something like that here in Toronto. And what was even more amazing, people started to get up to dance, and soon enough the whole park was up dancing, me included of course=) Anyways, just ana amazing sight and so fun, and it costs nothing! Now granted I probably would not of known about it if I just travelled in and I had no cousin there, but oh well, it was part of my experience.
Went to a concentration camp in Munich. Now I had never done anything like this, and it was truly odd to be there. The atmosphere was so somber all the time. Now given the weather was chilly and rainy it added to the atmosphere. But just being in the barracks, in the "extermination" gas chambers, it was just a totally different experience unlike any. Now I went to Dachau, considered a facility that was not as violent as others (like Auschwitz), but it was still hard to be at. Did I write about this already, I feel like I have.
The alcohol over there if purchased at supermarkets are much cheaper. Surely you can buy more expensive stuff and it'll feel the same price as being here, but maybe just the nominal number is lower so it seems less. Nevertheless, it tasted better there. The Chianti wine in Florence was amazing like I think I said in the previous post. The beer in Munich was better than any other place. And the Sangria was amazing in Barcelona, shared at least a pitcher everyday. Just remember to drink them should you go. But one thing that seems huge over there and everywhere else but in Canada is Fanta. It's just orange or lemon pop, but it's huge it seems. They don't sell it in Canada, it's nothing special, but you see it everywhere and I just find it interesting we don't have it here. Oh, in Barcelona I had these juice boxes which were amazing, wish I remembered the name now. But they had flavours like Tropical, Carribbean, Citrus... things like that but the juice was just an amazing combination. Have to see if I can find it here now.
Okay, that's it for now, until next time.
Sunday, August 08, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment