Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Was talking with some friends last night, and a topic came up that I have thought about in the past, and I find it a fascinating thing to think about. What this is is death, and when I die, who will come to my funeral? I've always thought, if I died tomorrow, would people actually be notified? How will people be notified? Or will nobody be notified and nobody will come?

There are so many things to think about regarding my funeral. I wonder who will carry my casket? Who will give the eulogy? Where will I be buried? Man, so many things to think about. And death does not come cheap. I will let you all know that I have not bought my gravesite yet. And buying a piece of land in the cemetary does not come cheap. Then there is the coffin, the cement casing the coffin goes in. It's an expensive event let me tell you. And I wonder, man, that would leave a huge burden on my parents.

I know, one would ask, why in the world do I think about these things? Well, it's normal for people to think about the future. It's an odd thing to think about, and I may have gone overboard with the questions, but the mind wanders when it starts on one subject.

Oh, so I was loading Yahoo today, and on the headlines reads "Wanted: Family for Lonely Grandfather'. So get this, a grandfather in Italy is looking for someone to take him in. He places a classified ad in a local newspaper "Elderly retired school teacher seeks family willing to adopt grandfather. Will pay". So the winning family will get $600 a month. Supposedly this man was a teacher, so he has actually received replies by people willing to take him in. I find this one of the oddest things I've heard. But then this guy must have made an impression on the people he was around for them to be willing to take him in. Even one of his former students, some Roman-singer offered to take him in. This guy must have lived a good life, man, I hope when I get old people would be willing to take me in because of our history. Seems nice.

So I was watching Jeopardy today, and no I do not know is the Ken guy who kept on winning is still on the show. They has a special today with politicians it seems. So one of the categories was "Parents", and the context is they list three companies, and you name the parent company they belong to. So I did not know that NBC is owned by GE. I did not think the GE had any interest in broadcasting. I found it kind of interesting to find this out though. Not for any particular reason. Although now it makes me think, Fox is owned by Rupert Murdoch, ABC is owned by Disney, NBC is GE, what about CBS? Who owns CBS? So I went to the website, and found they are supposedly owned by Viacom. But then who owns Viacom, there is no way it's JUST owned by Viacom. Not that this really means anything, but I am just a curious person should I ever be asked.

Nothing else for now I guess. But let me update you on my life a little.

- Reconciliation WON its second game two weekends ago.
- I had my first softball free weekend since I got back from Europe
- Been applying to jobs, no leads.
- Been watching too much Olympics, it has pushed back my schedule of everything
- Went to London, Ontario last week for one day, I noticed how there are LOTS of good looking girls just walking on the streets, and no I do not mean hookers. But the one thing is they are all white.
- Feeling very rude lately, I am sorry if I have offended you at any time.
- Been waking up before 8AM everyday for last two weeks. I go to the park near my house for devotions. It's nice living by the Lake, I can see the lake everyday, and it's only 5 mins away.

No comments: