This is the mountain that represents the son.
I then went to Coloundra which is a town that is towards the bottom of the sunshine coast, where I met up with two coworkers. One of my coworkers has been a novice kite surfer so he invited us both on perhaps a kite surf. But what ended up happening is we helped him get in the water, his kite all set up, and he went off leaving us two on the beach just watching him struggle trying to control his kite and get his board which was drifting in the other direction. At the end he ended up getting some nice surfs in, but alas we were left watching. It looks really fun though, might be worth trying in the future. So basically it's a small board that is strapped to your feet, and the wind blows the kite and pulls you around. Quite nice.
The kite that brings you around.
You can see the people kite surfing in the background.
Afterwards I was on my own, and I drove up the famous beach of Noosa. The Noosa beach has become a really nice tourist area, and you can tell from its main strip. I found a hostel to sleep at, and just looked at the nice beach. The hostel was really quite nice, the rooms weren't the best, but it was far from the worst I've ever stayed in. The people there were really cool, there was a mix of people travelling through Australia, and people there for the weekend trying to get away.
The hostel I stayed at, had that nice colonial feeling.
In the morning I went for an early morning walk at Noosa National Park. I decided to take the slightly harder trail which was all uphill, and inland rather than the easy coastal walk. It was actually really nice to do it, I was there all alone until the end when I saw some poeple. But it's just an amazement seeing the trees and forestation around me. It was quite a nice and peaceful bushwalk. After I finished it I got back to the beginning and there were heaps of people now, luckily I started early. I decided to try out the easier coastal trail but I stopped 3/4 of the way to the end, cause it just wasn't comfortable, it's not protected from the sun and you were always getting out the way for people. Nevertheless, the coast is really nice, I only wish I had a beach towel to lie down on the beach.
I drove down to Mooloolaba, another nice beach town south of Noosa. I took the really nice coastal drive which was an amazing drive the whole way, stopping at some points to see the surfers, and at one point some guys who had a kayak and something that looked like it shot out arrows for killing. Anyways, I arrived in Mooloolaba where I went searching for a hostel again. Found one and I got a room all to myself
Amazing view right on the edge of the rocks.
Both towns are quite amazing places, and I drove this swedish guy back to brisbane cause well I had a car, and it would be nice to help him out. But just meeting many people at some of these places, especially at the hostel in Mooloolaba, they just spend their whole day looking forward to the night where they can get drunk all night. They even had this drinking game which was basically a few words, some change in direction, when it gets the seven the person can call someone out to drink their life away. Quite pointless. Anyways, I don't know their story so can't judge too much, but I just realize how different things are, and I just didn't even want to be around them.
At the end of he weekend, I can't say I did much, but I saw some really nice places that I would recommend for a nice weekend trip, and on a day that's hot. The beaches are just quite amazinng, especially the one in Mooloolaba. That beach had rocks on one side where they were all flat, almost like the water had dried up. You can walk right up the edge and it's quite an amazing feeling that you feel so close into the water, yet you are not in it. such a beautiful sight.
3 comments:
You're converting! You said "heaps"!
it was on purpose to see who would notice!
but good on ya!
Post a Comment