Monday, July 29, 2002

A weekend I remember

Wow, I'm taking a while to update this blog. I guess I value my sleep a little more now.

So what happened this weekend. Let me tell you a thing that I found disturbing that I saw this weekend. I was taking the GO train downtown on saturday afternoon. I walked onto the platform and there were tons of people laid across the platform, waiting for the train. I couldn't even walk there. But I went behind them, and as I got to where I wanted to stand, I see some girls, and you can tell they are from out of town, standing in the middle the of train tracks. Right then I wanted to say something to them "What in the world are you thinking? I don't know if you even speak english, but can't you see the dumb sign? Don't cross the yellow line, your going to get yourself killed. I don't know what you do in your country, but here we don't do that." But I didn't. Eventually they got off.

But then they went on again, walking on the tracks to the other end of the platform. There she was dancing on the tracks, sometimes waving a flag, I have no idea what country. And of course, when one person starts doing something, more people followed. This was absurd, it is so dumb. Even if they don't care if they get killed, at least don't put yourself in danger that may cause another person's life to be put in danger. That includes kids who see her walkign there, then they'll follow, and when the train comes, they may not get off the tracks. And what about the train conductor, his/her life could be ruined if they ran over you. Seriously, think about what you do and how they can possibly affect others before you go dumb stuff like that.

So I was walking tochurch from Union station, taking the underground Path. I stopped at The Gap at First Canadian place, enpty as expected. So I walked around, looking for what I wnated. Found some good stuff, not hving to fight with others to get them, it was so nice. Then I was trying on this visor in the chag\ngeroom area, because the mirror was there. And I was talking to this girl working there. Then she asked me "oh, do you work at the Gap?" I was like, "no, what would make you say that?" So anyways, I found it weird she'd ask me that. She said I looked like I did or something, I dunno.

On Sunday, I went to see Sylvia play softball in the Mississauga softball league. They're league is run so differently than CCSA. I was a bit bothered by some stuff, but it really doesn't matter so much. But I can tell they are not nearly as competitive as the CCSA league, however I do find adding some competitiveness adds some fun too. as long as there is not too much.

That's it for now, I am at work now, so better get back to my work. Hope you had a good one.

Oh, one more thing I found funny. After service on sunday, everyone was standing outside. I was talking to Shu-Ling when , oh man, forgot his name, but this guy that goes to our church, he's black. And then for some reason, they were talking about skin tone, and how Shu-Ling was no where near his skin colour. Then I put my arm up against his, and it was ALMOST as dark. Man, I am becming so dark these days, too much sun!!!!

Okay, now for sure I am done

-J

No comments: