Life next few weeks
Unexpectedly, the periods between my blogs have been longer and longer. Why did I not expect this? Because I am not in school, so why wouldn’t I have time to blog more. I mean I encounter a lot of things that I can write about, so I won’t run out. But I just can’t find the time, or the effort to blog.
Next few weeks is busy for me, guess why? It’s September, Emmy’s are on tonight. So that must mean SEASON PREMIERES. Here is my schedule, and for your information as well: (The following are all season premieres starting after today)
Monday Sept 23:
8PM - Fear Factor – think it’s celebrity
10PM – CSI Miami – new show, spinoff of CSI
Tuesday Sept 24:
8PM – Gilmore Girls
9PM – Smallville – this is such a great show
- Frasier – Roz slept with Frasier and Daphne and Niles are getting married
Wednesday Sept 25:
8PM – Ed – underrated show, but the guy is gonna try and get the main girl, don’t know any of their names, except the guy, whose Ed of course
Thurs Sept 26:
8PM – Friends – last show last season Rachel said yes to Joey who held the ring while Ross was gonna come in
8:20PM – Scrubs – funniest new sitcom last year, ended with everyone hating each other
9PM – CSI – One of most interesting scientific dramas on
10PM – ER – THE BEST DRAMA ON TV
Sept 29:
8PM – Charmed – I don’t know why I like it, but it’s a good show
9PM – Alias – Main girl finds out mother who she found out was KGB is not dead, but alive now
10PM – The Practice – Best law show on tv
Oct 2:
9PM – Amazing Race 3 – Exciting show where teams go around trying to beat other teams to destinations
And this is my life, so if you want to find me, do some deduction and find me between commercials or between shows. I actually spent beginning of my lunch on yahoo writing all this down on my Palm so I don't forget.
I am sure there are some other ones on too, and they are prob great too, but these are what I try to catch.
Let me talk about CCF, since I’ve read about it a lot in others’ blogs. To me, CCF is still my fellowship. But I cannot make it this year, I would miss most of the program if I went downtown after work, so I have decided to commit to Hosanna’s fellowship GLU (God Loves U) fellowship for the year. However, I do find CCF is going to be tough this year. I am glad to say Henry has been appointed as Chairperson. I think this is a very good move actually, throughout the summer and seeing how the orientation things were going, I was a bit afraid of how things would turn out. I must say there are so many new faces in CCF this year, and a lot of repeat CCFers as well. This is encouraging that there is interest and that people do call this their fellowship.
But with every big crowd it’s hard to meet everyone, and this worries me. I mean the fellowship should be a close knit group, there should be no groups, cliques, etc. One of the committee members shared that they hope (and so do I) that this fellowship becomes family. And this is a good way to think of it, because we are one big family, very big. But the problem is, how can we say we’re a family if we don’t know each other, even their names. I can’t say with the huge amount of people who came last year I got to even know everyone’s name. Perhaps I should of taken some initiative to get to know them, but I am the shy type, and takes time as well.
So I have decided to not go to CCF this year which leaves me somewhat worried as well. I mean I know the fellowship will need me there as someone whose been there longer. And I think this will detach me in some ways from the fellowship because I will not be there, which worries me as well. But I know this is what I need to do, because how can I say I go to fellowship if I only make like 45 mins of it. I don’t gain a lot from it, I’d be hearing last bit of whatever the program is, and then eating dinner. So because of this, I have decided to go to GLU for the next year, with dropping off at CCF every once in a while so I am not totally detached. But there is something else I plan to do as well, but I’ll talk about that in another blog.
I spent Saturday with my parents whole day and night. We went to Toronto Chinese Community Church at night to go to their “Worship with Art” night, where they show how to witness using art, whether it is music, drama, paintings, or any other form of art. This whole night was in Cantonese, which I did know when I said I’d go. Now of course I did not understand it all, but the one I understood the most was the drama play at the beginning. It was a really good play with an old couple who is apparently on Showers of Blessing. Then afterwards, went with my parents, my aunt/uncle, and another couple for some drinks after. We had beer. Was kind of weird going to get beer with my parents, but oh well, why should I care?
Alright, I’ll share more later this week hopefully.
Current Events Today
- Gerhard Schroeder wins German Election joining with the Greens to form a majority government
- Not much else interesting besides death and war.
Sunday, September 22, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment