I was thinking about "sickness" recently. I think this because one of my good friends has been sick for a while. A little too long is what I think. I know this person reads my blog, so if your offended in any way, tell me, and I'll take anything off you want.
So what I've been thinking is when you get some minor sickness, one of the best ways to make yourself better other than drugs is just getting out to get fresh air. I think this is a good way to relieve sickness because by getting out, you subject yourself to the environment and fresh (as good as it can get when it's free) air. Most sicknesses I think stem from your body not being able to fight off the virus, meaning no anti-bodies. Like we get flu shots that should fight the flu virus should we come in contact with it.
But say a co-worker or close friend has a cold, and you are around them a lot, then most likely you have increased your possibility of getting sick. But many times you do not get sick because your immune system is able to resist the sickness.
Probably if you have a cold or something like it, probably staying in the house all the time is not so good for you because it's like your in a closed environment and everything around you already has your germs, you'll never get better.
Sometimes things are just in your head as well. Like say you feel a little sick, and then you keep on telling yourself your sick. Or you do something that is out of norm, and then you say to yourself, well, I'm sick so that's why. Like why all the excuses? Don't be limiting yourself to thing just because you feel a little sick. Cause the more you think you are sick, the more you probably will get sick. It's like a mind game, you keep on telling yourself something, sooner or late you'll start believing it or it will come true.
Mind you I have no medical background, have read no journals, papers, or listened to any medical talks. this is just me spilling what I think. I might have used some incorrect terms, so don't mind me, I just don't know what I'm talking about, that's all.
So my suggestion when you feel a little sick, rest up for a day or two and then get off your behind and get out and enjoy life. Do what you usually do, and don't think your sick, cause then you'll just feel worse.
Friday, November 01, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment