I think there are some stuff wrong with me. First thing is that I feel everytime I step into a mall these days, I completely lose interest in shopping. I would say that I like shopping, but these days I just can't get into it. And it's not like the commercialization of Christmas or anything, this has been happening for a while now. I don't really know why. I think the only way for me to have a good time is if I buy something at a very good price right at the beginning, then I will find my interest. But I also think that the things in stores these days are just not nice. I think I am a picky shopper, I do not spend my money on unnnecessary things, or things that are just way too expensive. I try to look for the nicest things are the biggest bargains. Maybe I'm limiting myself?
Another thing I think is seriously wrong. Interesting thing happened a few weeks back. I was driving to work, and then the car in front of me stopped abruptley and I could not stop in time. That meant I hit the car in front of me. I was so upset at that point. so the car in front of me was an Acura RSX, and I briefly looked at the bumper, and I saw nothing wrong. We both pulled over to the side, and by this point my heart was racing. Then the driver stepped out of the car, and first thing I said to myself when I saw the driver was "hey, it's a young chinese girl, interesting...." What is wrong with me? Here I am, just hit someone, and I'm thinking of this girl. Here I thought "is this fate?" Then I got out, made sure nothing was wrong with her car, and my car. We exchanged phone numbers, and she has not called since. So good for me. I have no idea why I thought that at first impression. Anyways, this week while driving in heavy traffic, same route, I saw her again. She was driving along the Qew as I was and I drove past her. I knew I would see her again, it was bound to happen. I mean I knew she was driving to work, and so was I, so if we were at same point once, not so improbable I'd see her again. But I didn't bother taking a better look, I saw a chinese girl inside, and I could pretty much assume it was her. Anyways, no point to this whole story, but something dumb.
Interesting study I read about yesterday on Reuters. Chocolate-Derived Chemical Could Suppress Cough. I found this article fascinating. They say that by eating chocolate, you can cure coughs. I was like, don't be telling too many people this, otherwise we'll get all these children eating an excess of chocolate and reasoning by saying they're trying to cure their cough. But then they say, they'd have to consume 25 bars to achieve the dose of substance used. Very interesing, only setback is you'll prob gain so much weight you'll be looking for a way to lose weight. Better stick to cough medicine.
Fantasy football has been pretty good for me. First time I ever played it. I didn't even go to the draft, I let Yahoo choose my players. And goodness, I am going to the SuperBowl (in the league). One more win from being the league champion, all I have to do is beat Brian Lee (a.k.a, The Waterboy). In other action, my teams have been doing poorly in almost all my other leagues.
Work has been rather boring of late. Every day now seems like a Friday, I have done nothing in the past few days except surf. But the good part is everyone else is doing the same. But I got a new project to do so I better find out how to do it. Everyone else is off except me this holiday (figuratively speaking). Everyone seems to be leaving too. The R&D manager retired yesterday. Kind of sad, I was hoping to get a good recommendation from him, although it's not going to happen now that he's gone.
Another weekend looms, and I still have bought no Christmas presents, have not finalized any Christmas plans either. Gonna be totally different this year, celebrating as immediate family, not extended family.
Thursday, December 19, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment