I found this comic rather funny. This is a For Better of For Worse comic I got from Yahoo Comics. And it brings me to what I want to talk about, and something that bothers me. It's about noise levels.
I am always feeling paranoid lately when I talk. I feel I am a very loud talker and my voice carries. And another thing is I find it hard to whisper or talk softly. Everyday at work, my co-workers and I have at least one long talk and the problem I find is I don't always want everyone to know we're chatting, or even moreso not always what we're talking about. But I find everytime I talk it's loud.I have no idea how far it travels, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's far. I don't know what to do about it. I should start asking people in other cubicles if they can hear me. I don't want to be bothering other people who are actually doing/trying to do work. But I also want to talk to my co-workers because I totally feel being able to talk with them is very important. It's one of the things I have felt been lacking at work as opposed to my previous jobs.
I mentioned many blogs ago how at this work placement, I have been working with more guys, and like guys, they don't chat as much. Whereas in my past summer jobs, I have worked primarly with women, so you know who women are, all chit-chat and stuff. Work an hour, talk for half an hour. I miss that atmosphere, it's so much more laid back and fun.
That is not to say the atmosphere at my work now is not good. I have slowly been able to build some bond with these guys, and things have worked out well. Has a Christmas party at one of their homes. Been able to talk them much more easily now. And like I said earlier in the blog, I have one long conversation a day with these two guys in my cubicle. Mostly we talk a lot about things we do, and computers.
Almost everyday we talk about computers it seems. I learn so much from them. I don't find I know much about computers in general, they are always teaching me things. Especially about building a computer, what parts to buy if I want to build my computer, which I will do before I go back to school. I know, how can a Computer Engineer not know this stuff, well it's very possible let me tell you. I had a friend in first year who was in Electrical Engineering, which is so much like Computer Engineering who did not even own a computer, and I also met at least one who has not programmed I think. Weird stuff out there. Proves my point, most people who go into Engineering do so because they can, not because they like it or they want to. It's because their marks are high enough that they can get in, so why not try.
No comments:
Post a Comment