Some interesting things I heard last 24 hours. So I was at the gym yesterday doing some cardio. I don't like to look at the meter while I ride the bicycle, so I usually read, makes time go by faster. So I was reading this article from the Star, I can't find it online, which is a shame, cause it was a really interesting article.
Anyways, so the article talks about relationships in this day in age. Talks about no longer is it assumed that the guy is the aggressor, the person who makes the first step or initiates the first contact. It talks about more and more these days it's the girl who makes the first move, and is the aggressive one. No longer do we have girls who stay back, waiting for things to happen, rather they take what they want.
This theory is based on the fact the feminist movement is greater than ever. That we have more women in the business world these days, the "independant" women theory. And this theory totally makes sense, I mean in this day in age, women have a lot of power. This is exactly what the article talks about, how women are in this power struggle, they need to show their "power".
The reason I find this interesting, other than the fact it just simply is funny and interesting, is I don't see this in my world. In fact in my world it still is this primitive ideaology, that guy does everything. I think it has to do with the fact I'm Chinese. In general, asian women are seen as a more submissive type. Now I am not the one who makes this notion, I simply state what is the general idea. So anyways, it is because of this that I do not feel the effects of what this article talks about. in general, I think Chinese/Asian girls still hold the nature of being the "reactor", not the "instigator". They are not as aggressive as other "North American" girls.
Actually, thinking again, this is not totally true. This is only totally true when the guy and the girl are "going out". Because once they are married/going out, it's a totally different story, a whole other blog in itself.
So anyways, this article goes on about how the girls are much more aggressive, in that they are the ones who push for sex and things like that, again, showing their power. I am not surprised the least actually, maybe it's just media I am basing this particular notion on, but as seen in media, you see a lot of the girl making the intiative, and not the guy. It's the whole idea of independance from guys, doing things on their own.
I think this is one reason why more and more teenagers are having sex these days. It mean in the past, the general idea was the guy pushed having sex onto the girl. But no, if even the girls do the same, then the percentage of people having sex have just multiplied, because the girls now intiatite this onto the guys as well. Kinda of a scary thing no?
Monday, January 20, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment