Monday, February 17, 2003

Okay, so today while driving to work, I was stopped at a red light. Then suddenly I hear this honking. To my right I see this old lady walking across the street, on a red light. And this car was going straight through the road, in her path. No, she did not have alzheimers, or prob any other big illness. But why did she walk across on a red light when traffic was coming from both sides? She wanted to catch the Transit bus on the other side of the road. This women is crazy, I mean sure you don't want to wait for the next bus, but come'on, if your gonna illegally cross, do it when no cars are coming. I'm sure if you manage to catch the attention of the bus driver, he'll stop when he gets to your side of the road. She was not only risking her life, but everyone who's driving around her. I don't think she realizes how much affect it can cause to the driver if somone hit her. I have no problem with people illegally crossing, but what I do have a problem is forcing it. She did not run across to make sure she was not hit, no, she walked (or an ill-fated attempt at running). Be careful.

So I watched several moves this weekend. Daredevil, Goldmember, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and Super Trooper. Daredevil was good I thought, but I can understand why critics gave it a low rating. They copied a lot of stuff from other movies, but all in all, I think it's still worth the money to see. The best part of the whole movie was Jennifer Garner, man she is hot. Too bad though. I can't tell you why, it'll ruin the movie. Goldmember was disappointing for me. I mean it was alrite, but I don't think it was anywhere as good as the other two. My Big Fat Greek Wedding was good I thought. I was laughing at so many scenes. The ending was kind teary, I almost cried. It was not sad-sad, but like happy-sad. You can understand if you watched it. But I must say, the DVD is bad. The special features sucked, and there was like hardly anything on it, it's not a bad buy, but it's not a great one either. my suggestion to buy it is a tossup. Super Trooper, you may not of heard of this one, because neither had I. It is totally a dumb movie, not worth buying or going to theatre, but then it's on dvd-video anyways. Was a funny movie, but if there is something better to watch, I'd watch that instead.

Went to the Raptors game last night too. It was rather disappointing actually. It was a great game actually, but the whole game we were chering for the Raptors to get 100 points. Because when they score 100 points, everyone get's free slice of pizza. We wanted the pizza, but the only scored 99 points. That totally sucked cause they missed several foul shots down the stretch. Vince Carter sucked all game, T-Mac was amazing. But again, was disappointing cause we wanted the pizza.

So there were so many people I knew at the Raptors game last night. So what happened was one of the guys we was with (Frank), he saw a girl he knew. They were talking while me and the the other guy we were with (Justin) were looking at the gift shop. So when we finished, we saw Frank talking, walked over, and he said "Do you know JG?" (name is abbreviated). So I said, hmm, sure, she's LG's sister. That was all I knew. I didn't really know JG, might of been introduced, but I can't be sure. I knew LG, but anyways, so here is my question, should I have said that. Of course it did not hurt, but was there any added value to it? I mean I did not knw JG. But I find that's always the case, I recognize someone but they don't recognize me. Of course in this case, we might not of been introduced before, but I just happen to know who she is by chance, because I have a thing for recognizing people. I totally believe in knowing who everyone is, whether they know me or not. That is why I knew who she was. So here is the thing, would you have said the same thing? I mean I didn't really know her, I could of just left it as a hi, and we go our separate ways. Probably not see each other again, which is why it did not matter. And even if we did see each other again, most likely situation is no hi, no nothing, because we really did not know each other. I don't know.

So Friday was Valentines day. You should read my last post if you want to know what I think of Valentines day. So I went to fellowship on friday, and it was good. A bunch of us were in this room before we started, and this girl says "Valentines is just this event Hallmark created." I immediately said to her and everyone is "That is totally not true. It's an event girls created". Do girls really think this, that it's a Hallmark event? Like come'on, this event it like totally about the girl and no one else. They like the attention, and this is why Valentines days exists. I remember this story that was told to me recently. I don't remember who it was, but it was so funny I have to share it. So this was back in High school I think. And you know, high school has all the ___grams events. You know, the Halloween-Grams, Christmas-grams, Easter-grams, and of course, the Valentines-grams. So of course, something some dumb girl came up with to get stuff. Anyways, so in highschool, it was like the "in thing" to do, give girls these holiday grams. And so this guy told me, once, he was giving them out, and one of his friends came to him and started yelling at him because she did not receive a Valentines-day gram from him. Hhhahahaha. Lighten up ladies, it's not a big thing. she was seriously mad at him so he says. So what, maybe he forgot, maybe he didn't want to, but it served the right purpose anyways, putting her in her place, saying "this holiday sucks. deal with it".

This post is long enough, my next one probably later today is about movies again, but this time talking about how all movies lately seem to be some biased genre for women. You'll understand my point.

No comments: