Thursday, March 27, 2003

Weird thing happened yesterday. I went to the gym a little earlier than usual yesterday. I used some machines I don't usually use, and I was working out my legs more than upper body. So I used this machine that has pads resting on my shoulder, and it's a crouch. So anyways, fast forward to when I went to shower at night. I looked in the mirror and I saw these three red lines on each of my shoulders. It was the weirdest thing. You know those peanut butter cookies that you use a fork to flatten them and get the lines on the cookie, that's what those lines looked like. the most awkward thing. I did not check this morning if they are still there. But it's odd how that happened. I am assuming it was that machine, but I don't know why. Nevertheless, it was a good machine, I think I'll continue using it, as long as those marks are not life threatening.

Last night's American Idol was good. But I was thinking throughout, when did Julia Demato become such good friends with Kimberly Caldwell? they were at each other's throats at the beginning. Anyways, Julia lost, and I'm not surprised. I don't know why everybody hates Simon. He tell's it like it is, and his opinion is usually exactly how I feel. Randy should be more objective since he's a producer. And when the host asked Paula whether she felt the right people were up there, she almost ignored him. That's because of course she feels some should be up there, and some should not be. But she didn't want to single some of them out. She should be more true.

I have been thinking of the economy a lot lately. The Canadian dollar has been going up the last while, which is good for us. That means our dollar is strong and exchange rates are lower. So it makes me wonder, okay, so CDN Gov't says they won't back US war. And now US dollar is going down, and CDN dollar going up, so was this a ploy by Chretien in not participating, and thus our dollar is strong because we're not involved. Something like that can certainly happen. But it's interesting to think about that. I mean if Chretien thought of this all along, I must say I am thinking it's a good idea. Sure it hurts relationship with US, but well Bush never liked Canada anyways. When he took office, he completely forgot about us, all he cared about was talking to the Fox (that's Vincente, Mexican President). Furthermore, do you think the CDN$ is going up because it's strong, or because the US$ is weak? I think investors feel that the CDN$ is strong, but still, one wonders whether it's the US$ going down that makes it strong. If that's the case, then we better start buying US$ now, before the war ends.

So then you may ask yourself, will the CDN$ take a tumble when the war ends, and the US$ may go up? I don't know, but maybe so? I guess that's how people make money, take risks based on their opinion and risk.

This week, my snooker and ping pong games have been on. I have not lost many times, and been beating everyone this week. It's a complete 360 from last week, when I kept on losing, couldn't hit any shots. Things have been good. It reminds me, when I had my first interview here, the guy who interviewed me, the former R&D manager, he brought me to game room, and said if I work here, my ping pong game will definately improve. He was right. But more snooker game has improved more. My ping pong game has improved, but not good enough, still very inconsistent.

Oh, I just looked, those marks on back of my shoulder are still there. Gotta find out what caused them.

No comments: