Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Restaurant Review

.COM - This restaurant is located on Woodbine south of Hwy 7. It is a Japanese restaurant, a "Sushi Bar" as they call it I believe. Anyways, the name I have no idea where it comes from. They just opened not too long ago, so they missed the .com hype, but anyways, it's Japanese food.

What attracted me the most of this place as the mystery of it. Everytime I drive past it, I wonder, what's in there, windows all black, don't know what's inside. So now that I know what's inside, it looks nice. The best part of the whole evening was the seating. They have those traditional rooms with the wooden sliding doors and you sit on the ground and the table very low. So I was about to sit down and crossing my legs like I'd see in movies, when I realize, they took out the floor underneath the table, so that your feet now go below the floor. Although that took away slight bit of the novelty, it still was nice to experience.

The food, well, it was decent, wasn't anything exceptional. I think I would recommend Sushi Inn for the food, but this place for the experience. However, now thinking about this restaurant, I realize why they called it a Sushi Bar. It's because inside, aside from the rooms, they have tables, and this area looks like a bar. I think they have a bar in there, can't quite remember, but what they do have is this huge projection tv showing sports. So I am guessing, they try to imitate a bar as well. So I guess that's a new idea, give props for that.

The food prices were okay, but I don't feel it's as great a value as the aforementioned Sushi Inn. I had the Sashimi platter, which had 18 pieces of sashimi and then a bowl of rice, that was I think $22.95. So wasn't cheap. So I wouldn't suggest this place if your looking for cheap eats or a quick bite, not because it's slow, althougb it's definately not fast, but because it's a little too expensive for a quick bite.

so overall, I give the place a 3.0/5. Most of the points are rewarded based on the experience and innovative idea. The food wasn't anything spectacular, although decent.

No comments: