Natalie's Farewell
So after dinner last night at the aforementioned restaurant (.COM), I went downtown to meet up with a bunch of TCBC people to send Natalie off. Natalie is a girl who just finished her Master in Engineering at UT, and is now going back to Montreal, where she is from originally. Over the last few years I've known Natalie, I feel she is a very independant girl. I have the utmost respect for her, because she has so many opinions, and really makes me think sometimes, I respect that. However, it is because of this that sometimes we collide. By this I mean sometimes we get in arguments. Usually it's over something minor (like many arguments in general), but a lot of it has to do with our different views sometimes. Luckily we always end up settling things. But although we have these scuffles Nat, I still have a lot of respect for you, and I appreciate the challenges sometimes. Best of luck in the future.
But back to last night, man, I feel sorry for the girl. Over the past year and half, she has built of this reputation of being an alcoholic. I won't get into any of her past stories, but the reason I feel sorry for her is because last night, man, I walked in when she was already somewhat drunk, and they played this game where basically she can ask any question to anyone and they must answer it. And then the same goes for her, if we ask her, she answers. Basically it's no holds barred, everything goes, and nothing is held back. So when I walked in, they were in the middle of the "what do you think of this guy" round of question, so the opportunist asks, seeing I just walked in, "What do you think of Jon?". I won't fill you in on the answer, but boy was she surprised to see I just walked in.
It was kind of funny all the questions, and we all got to relive some memories. Luckily she did not ask me any questions, I'm hate those type of games. I'm not always opposed to answering them, cause sometimes I'd be very willing, but at that moment, I was not prepared to share my deepest secrets, which is what that game is all about.
I was so tired last night, and luckily I told my sister I wanted to go, otherwise we'd be there even longer. And of course, once we said we were going, everyone else started following. Man, kinda funny how all it takes is one initial move. But i could not believe how tired I was, luckily there were no cars on the roads. My eyes were getting so heavy. I was almost home, driving on the Lakeshore approaching my street. My eyes were so heavy, no cars around me, behind me, or in front of me. Then, I closed my eyes for the slightest of moments, and then, bang. No I did not hit a car, but I realized I started going fully into the next lane to my left. Luckily no cars around me or anything, and my sister was sleeping, so she did not even notice. But Thank the Lord nothing happened. I'll never drive so tired again.
Which brings up an interesting story. I was listening to the radio yesterday and there was this survey done of what kind of things people do while driving. Sure, we've all seen the eating, the talking on cell phone and those stuff, and a lot of women putting on their makeup. but some interesting stories I hear, how can people read while driving, it's impossible. The most I ever read is directions or a map. And even that I find hard. One guy does the crossword puzzle while driving, how in the world does he do that? So someone said they cannot stand when women put on makeup, and let's say it's safe to assume you won't see many guys do the same thing. however, the one thing that makes guys more dangerous on the roads is their wandering eye. They'd glance over at the pretty girl in the car beside them, and this can cause major problems because they are no longer watching the road. gotta be more careful. I am a victim of these problems as well, expecially the cell phone. i use headset most of the time, but I just find the most time I have to talk to people is while I am driving, because what else can I do to make my time effective? But I should really stop, cause it's not safe. And everyone else should do the same too.
Wednesday, May 28, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment