Tuesday, May 20, 2003

This week, if you go to many other's blogs, I bet you so many people will be writing about Campus Challenge. It's funny how when a big crowd of us go to one place, the next few days everyone usually writes about it. that says something, that it was a memorable experience.

Anyways, so for mine. Friday driving was horrible, the rain was disgusting. But anyone who was on the road will know that. Let me highlight some of my most memorable experiences. One of my best times was not even during the programs actually. It was my walk on Sunday morning to Tim Hortons. It was quite a walk, took me about 25 mins. I had to take this walk, because the day before, I simply had no time to do any of the preparation for the bible studies or devotions. I was always in the middle of doing something else. But it was such a nice walk, nice to just breath in the air, hear the birds chirp, see the river flow. Just experiencing God's creation. I think this kind of experience is probably one of the main reasons to have retreats away from the city. So we can simply just see how wonderful God's creations are without the noises/distractions of the big-city. Then on my way back, walked a different route, and it was so nice seeing the different buildings on the campus (trent btw, I don't think i mentioned it) and the people who are up as early as I. I found this to be one of my highlights for the conference because the whole weekend was very fast paced, everything was bang-bang-bang, and this was the one moment I felt was different, there was not a sense of urgency. It gave me some time to reflect and think.

Anyways, if you want to know more about what happened at CC, you are welcome to ask me.

Alright, got another question on relationships, like the one I wrote previouslyt two posts ago. So last time the question was: If a guy likes a girl, but this girl had a boyfriend, what should he do? Tell the girl his feelings? Hide it inside? Do nothing? Other options? Take a look if you have time.

Today's debatable relationship problem is this: In this day in age, does it matter who asks out who. Meaning is it still important that the guy makes the first step? can the girl ask the guy out?

My opinion is that it doesn't matter. I mean if the girl likes the guy, and she feels he may have feelings for her, if she wants to make the first move, then go for it. I mean these days, things are all about independance. that is why we have the "independant woman" who has a career. Maybe this isn't true for some cultures, but I am talking about Western culture.

I mean, so what, the girl makes the first move, well they want something, they try and get it. None of this, waiting til eternity crap. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but what do you think?

Someone said to me when asked this question, that they have seen many times how when the girl makes the first move, then should they be in the relationship, she will always be at a disadvantage, and that it's possible the guy will not treat her as well, because she made the first move. and this point is a good one, can't rule out that this could be the case, then it's probably this guy wasn't worth the effort in the first place. And the girl maybe should of been smart enough to really understand this first. And if she is able to realize he's not worth it anymore, then she should also take the initiative to break up with him. I don't think any girl (or guy) should be treated poorly by their significant other. And if it's like an ongoing thing, then it should be addressed. And anyone who says nothing, and think "it'll go away" is too hopeful. Although this is possible, I'm guessing the probability of that is low.

No comments: