This weekend was tiring. I did not get enough sleep by any means.
Friday night went to fellowship as usual. We had it at Sophia's place, which was very nice. She redecorated and moved into the basement. She did quite a nice place with the basement, quite impressed. It looked like one of those IKEA commercials where they take an unlikely space and redecorate it to look totally different, like the Subway car one. Anyways, we focussed on Sanctification, and what it truly means to be Sanctified. Sofia did a good job on it, and I really did come out with something gained.
Afterwards we went to cafe Demitre for some dessert. I shared the "Banana Republick", which is supposed to be two scoops of banana ice cream and one scoop of chocolate ice cream. But when it came, I noticed there were three scoops of banana ice cream, not two. We were missing the chocolate. So I made some comments to my friend (who worked there) and he spoke with someone saying they messed up. They gave us this huge scoop of chocolate ice cream to add. Now we didn't really care to get it, just wondering is all. But with that extra ice cream, it was painful finishing it. Because just too much ice cream. Anyways, I did end up finishing it, cause couldn't leave it there after making a fuss about it. That ended later than I hoped, but in any case, was fun.
Bright and early saturday morning drove back uptown to take this CCSA umpire exam. my mind is not in the studying mood man, couldn't bring myself to really study. Anyways, the test was as hard as I expected, and I don't think I passed. I didn't like the questions, I found them rather "trying to stump", moreso than "trying to quiz". Like the way they were written, it's like an english exam, and every question was trying to confuse you. Anyways, those who can pass it I must say can look up in their books/sheets very fast and easily (since it's open book), or are good umpires.
At night, went to the "jack and jill" bachelor/bachelorette party for Ken and Ann. It surprises me how many people have never heard of this jack and jill idea. Maybe it's some Christian made up party to counter the "scandalous" bachelor/bachelorette parties they go on usually. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. Anyways, it was more of a "seeing people haven't seen in a while" party, cause I talked to a lot of people who I have not seen in a while, getting to know what's been going on with them.
Sunday we had a pseudo-practice on back campus of UT for softball. It wasn't a full out practice, but it was good to start off. I must say I underestimated some of the girls this year, but only because of the insistent "I'm so bad, i can't catch, can't do anything" act they put on in the weeks prior. This will be an interesting season. MEanwhile I think my eyes have gotten worse, so I'm scared I'm gonna get plunked by a ball coming at me, because I can't see it properly with 20/20 vision. I already booked an appt with my optometrist, but it's gonna take until July or something.
Alright, got a question for all you people who are so interested in the relationships questions. Say a guy has this small thing for this girl. but this girl already has a boyfriend. What should he do? Or maybe it's more than a thing, maybe he think she's the one, or she has all the qualities he looks for, only thing is she alreadyhas a boyfriend. Some of you may say that he should not do anything, because it's unfair to try to break them up, or something along those lines, but try to look past the initial reactions or thoughts and really think of the different scenarios. Obviously i'm not elaborating a lot, only because i haven't even thought this through. so what should he do?
Monday, May 12, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment