It's convocation time. And many of my friends are graduating now. (not gonna bother mentioning names in fear I miss someone). But congratulations. It kinda makes me wonder how graduation will be when it's my turn, which is coming up pretty fast. I cannot believe we've come to this stage in life, life is passing us by, years are all behind us. And beginning a new life.
Seriously, it is a new life once you graduate. Eventually the things you commit to while in school stop. The people you see regularly you start seeing less. And life moves onwards. Once you get a job, a new group of friends start, and some of the old ones will fade away.
saying all this is kinda scary isn't it. But I think it's a fact of life no matter how hard we think it is to deal with. We all grow up, move in different directions. Some thing we don't want to give up, but they are kinda of automatically given up over time. Because we have other committments, other friends, other things to do.
I myself have seen this happen already, with the people in my past. And soon, it's possible the people in my present will also fade away and become memories. I hope it's not the case for a lot of people, and I will remember everyone I met, or had a friendship with, but then I wonder whether they will remember me. But even if they do not, I will remember them, and I hope that is at least good enough to some extent.
So again, congratulations to everyone. I've seen many of you go through all those years of your University life, and even more for some. Good luck to all.
The rest of this is unrelated to the above, hence the hardrule.
Oh, had a good discussion last night while I was driving Yee-Lee home. It made me think about God's will.
Whenever I am posed with something on my plate, something to do. I ask myself, is this God's will? Most likely this event/job was on my mind, and I pray about it (to some extent, moreso now that in my past). But lately there have been a lot of things to do, that I want to do. And so I won't want to take on too many things, because I'll just be overwhelmed.
Which brings me to my concern. Say there is something that needs help with. However, it never really crossed yuor mind before to help. And then a bunch of people are talknig about helping out/doing/organizing this. You are apart of this group, but then you ask yuourself, is this for you? although this may be a good cause, is this God's purpose for you. Everyone says pray about it, and stuff. But then I ask myself, if God wanted me to do it, how come it never crossed my mind? How come he did not speak to me about doing this?
Now you may say, because God has messengers to tell you, i.e. the other people. Sure, that could be the case, but doesn't the fact God did not speak to you personally mean more? Doesn't it kinda of make you think whether you are supposed to be a part of this?
Now there is also the case where you may say, well perhaps you have not opened your heart to God and listen to him. And this is a valid point, it could very well be the case. I have not objection to this, or any reasoning, because it could be true.
But what do you think about this. If there is something to be done, and it has never crossed your mind, you still don't feel compelled to do it after talking about it with others, is it God's will for you? I don't think it is, is my point. I have a hard time believing that if your not compelled to do it, even after talking about it with others, that you should do it. Even if it's a good purpose, even if it's a good cause, even if it will affect many other people if you do it.
Tuesday, June 17, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment