So I read on yahoo yesterdasy that japanese scientist have come up with this study that explains why japanese have a longer lifespan, in particular for women. So they link this back to amount of miso soup consumption. Here is the article.
So they say women who drink about four bowls of miso soup, their risk of getting breast cancer is reduced by half. I think this study si interesting, but it's based on tests and over a 10 year span. It's not like some scientific, but basically following peolpe over the course of 10 years. so for all those women out there, Miso soup gals. And for guys, well I dunno what it'll do it guys, can guys have breast cancer?
Oh last night, tell you what I did. So last week got an icq message from my friend Helen. She told me about this reunion thing for my elementary school, because they were moving. so I thought, okay, if she goes, I'll go. turn out she didn't, but then when I got home this other girl Katie, who i've known for like prob all my lief except first 3 years maybe? she calls me, and says she's going. So I said, okay, I'll go check it out. So I go, see all these young-ins. and it's like some backyard party. And I'm not so sure it is a reunion, given the people aruond there. And so basically, a couple of people from my year show up. and I'm thinking, okay, looks like all of us found out can be linked back to this one girl who saw one of the teachers one day and was told about it. So there we are, and I'm thinking, I think we're the oldest alumni there. I was set to leave before I saw them, cause I was just standing there waiting for Katie and Company.
Anyways, so here is what I thought. they got some nicer machines now, iMacs all over the school, huge big screen in library, and there was this time capsule displayed and I was in the pictures, man, I looked like a huge geek. I'm ashamed to say it's me. the school looks so much smaller. And well, I can tell you, I did not have a good time.
There was no one there I hardly knew, couldn't really get into a good talk with anybody I knew from my year, so surface level, and the one guy I did manage to have a good converastion with, I didn't even like him back in elementary school. All the others, all stuck up, but then I probably looked the same to them. But the thing is, I never really hung out with them in high school, and we were never close. they ignored me, I ignored them. so all in all, it was worse than that high school reunion I went a month ago.
So yeah, came home early, didn't even want to go out with them to the Fox to have some drinks, cause I knew I would not enjoy myself. I could feel that whole time I did not belong, some chose to ignore me, so I did the same pretty much. I think it's jsut pretty much different lives, so I had nothing in common with them. they still keep in contact with those from elementary school, I do not, except one who I've talked to maybe 10 times in last 8 years, if that counts. Just we all lead different lives now, and mine seems to be much different than theirs, even those I went to high school with. But whatever, no regrets.
I finally caught up today on Purpose Driven life (the book). I have always been one day behind, but today, woke up early, did the last day, and now I'm all caught up. It never ceases to amaze me, this book. Every chapter has something good in it, and I think back, and say, "oh yeah, man, this advice is so needed right now". It's always coming at the exact moment I need to hear what's in the book. everyone out there should read th book.
So gonna go do some more work. This afternoon is going by so slow.
No comments:
Post a Comment