Restaurant Review - Misora Japanese Restaurant
I actually went to this place about a week and a half ago, but I didn't know the name, so I put off the review until I found the name out, which I found out this morning. this place is located at First Markham (approx Woodbine & Hwy 7) and the store is on the outside a few stores down from "Ding Tai Fung" in the south-east corner.
First, the food. i had this 9 fish, maki roll, hand roll plate. Was $12.99 I think? Most of the fish was good, and the plate was relatively good, but it did not blow my socks off. Now sure if it was worth the money, I can understand the price, but it wasn't all that great. It was cool eating the different types but still, wasn't an amazing dinner. On the other hand, they have sushi buffet lunches which seem to be a good deal, $7.99 for lunch on a weekday I think, which is a reasonable price assuming you eat enough. Haven't been but maybe worth trying one day.
The service wasn't great, like only one or two hired help. BUt then the place is small, so I guess not really needed, but it was full. They weren't the friendliest crew, not many smiles, and although didn't happen to us, but the girl-waitress asked some people to leave since they finished their meal and so they can open up the tables for us. hahaha. I mean for us, it works, but for the ones being shoooed-out, probably isn't the best. Understandable, but doesn't feel the best I bet.
The place looks Japanese, renovation wasn't big-grande, but it was decent. The washrooms were hard for me to find. I was sitting down, I get up, and walk towards the back. And then I notice, washroom is not there. I head back towards the table, and then I see the washroom. The door was behind me, but facing the back, whereas I was sitting facing the front. So of course when I walk back, I cannot see it. The washroom wasn't all that nice, but I did not expect much. And it was a strange shape (triangle I think) and small. so anwyays, not that great.
So all in all, I'd give it only a 1.5/5.0. To leave some space for worse and it fails in comparison to Sushi Inn and even .COM.
Friday, June 27, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment