Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Restaurant Review - Spring Rolls

I've been here I think at least four times now, and I didn't bother rating it because it was earlier than when I decided to start this review. This restaurant is located just south of Bloor on Yonge. Got another one coming, but have to find out name of the place first.

The decor of this place is nice. Some simple stuff, but it has a nice mood to it. The washrooms are a little interesting, at least the men's one. Usually the urinals are just against a straight wall, but this one is a curved wall, so it's cylidrical. Not sure now if that's a good thing, just means the guy beside you has more of an angle to see. hahaha. The faucets are pretty cool. Picture this huge rectangular sink with two faucets hanging over, one at each end. So the sink is shared between two faucets. It's all stainless steel, and the bottom of the sink flows downward from each side, so like an upside down triangle. It looks nicer than I can describe it.

The prices are reasonable. can't remember what I had previously, but I really liked it a lot. This time we had this fried rice with shrimp and pineapples, the Monday special. Wasn't anything spectacular by any means. Then had this appetizer called the "Sexy summer Rolls" which is using rice wraps (like the ones for Vietnamese Spring Rolls) and inside is smoked salmon and shrimp. it was alright, wasn't amazingly good though. There was this other appetizer that looked really good, but didn't get it. It's called Tornado Rolls, and it looks nice, not sure about taste though.

For those two, was under $20, without tip. So in terms of price, I'd say it's not overly expensive. The service was pretty good, when we got them. Not enough waiters/waitresses if you ask me, but they were all very pleasant.

Overall, I'd give this place a 3.5/5.0.

No comments: