Read some good articles worth sharing today.
This one is directed to all ladies, especially Jenn. hahaha. A Pill to cure Compulsive Shopping.
This theory behind this is that anti-depressants cause people to stop binge shopping. It supposedly raises serotonin levels which will cause a bit of depression. This is interesting method, but is it dangerous self inducing depression?
Actually, I'm not sure if this theory works, because I know myself when I go shopping, I have to be in a happy mood, otherwise nothing will look good. And even if I'm in a good mood going in, once I start shopping, the mood is not always transferred. I have known this for a long time. Like I find sometimes I step foot into the mall, I become a bit sad for some reason. however, once I buy one item my mood level shoots up, and I get into the mood. So I guess in theory being depressed may help in reducing compulsive shopping for me. so then anti-depressants would not help me whatsoever.
Here is another article: Skip Breakfast, get fat
that is probably why I am so skinny, because I never skip breakfast. Here is what this study says. They say those who skip breakfast don't start the day off well because of missing the meal. However, right before lunch they get hungry, which results in rating items that may not be as healthy as those you'd have for breakfast.
the study also says that "those who skipped breakfast tended to smoke more, drink more alcohol and exercise less. They were also more likely to be heavier because they tended to have unhealthy snacks mid-morning to boost their energy level."
All this makes sense I think, I mean you can't starve yourself forever, and so eating breakfast is a good way to satrt off the day. It's also because at the beginning of the day, you need energy to stay awake the rest of the day, or to go about your matters.
So if you skip breakfast, your essentially taking away that energy you should be getting. Eating things like carbohydrates gives you that energy, now this does not mean eating fried eggs, bacon and stuff every morning, but eat healthy, maybe a bagel now and then, some cereal with some good nutrients, and that are not all sugar.
These articles are good reads I find. I'm always on the look out for studies related to health, I know I want to keep healthy and conscious of my health.
So funny story this morning. Since I've been traveling more or less the same route every morning to work, I have gotten a handle of where the police like to hide to catch speeders near my work.
So there are two good hiding spots, looking west on 16th Ave right before Woodbine, and also on Woodbine right after the golf course entrance looking north (so that means car heading south). These two are very good hiding points, you never see them. SO every time I drive along those roads, I bring my speed down to make sure I don't get caught.
Same thing this morning, driving south on Woodbine, I make sure don't go too far off 60Km/h. So I'm driving slow compared to those passing me on my left. I look at the spot and I do not see cops, but then I don't speed up. then this Mustang beside me wants to go faster, so he turns into my lane in front of me and speeds up. Next thing I know, I see this guy walk out onto Woodbine right in front of the Mustang, it's the cop, he signals him in. hahaha, He was going too fast! Literally right in front of me, I had eye contact with the cop after he signalled the Mustang in. I probably saves some poor soul behind me who might of gotten caught. But too bad for the Mustang guy. Should of just followed traffic. But actually, I wasn't going too fast, but he could of saved me, had he not gone in front of me, I might of been pulled over, but I dno't think so, I wasn't going too far over 60, it was a downhill, so anyways, was a little funny seeing him get pulled over.
So about one month left of work, kinda scary to think about it. I haven't even finished my project yet, even though my estimate was to be finished now and to be testing it at this point in time. I guess not, but I can't help it, too many obstacles that are not my problem, and I have to wait for others to do some stuff. what's a guy to do?
Alright, that's it for now. Bye.
Tuesday, July 29, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment