Thursday, July 24, 2003

So I've been reading this book Problem of Pain and I'm having some troubles with it. I don't find C.S. Lewis that easy to understand, and everytime i read one of his books I can't seem to understand it. Maybe my mind is just not that philosophical? I don't know why, but it just doesn't make sense to me. Too many big words, makes me confused. I'm not that good in english, despite being born here.

But actually I think it has somethign to do with how I think. I take myself more as a rational person, biased towards the logical answers. So that may be one reason why philosophy is harder for me to understand, because it's not so logical. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if most people in engineering are more logical minded, because most technical fields are moreso on the logical side. Anyways, please pray for me in reading this book, we're reading it for our Men's group at Hosanna.

Last night I went to the gym, nothing unusual about that. And behind the gym is this huge park with 5 baseball fields, and often times I see little leagues play there. I remember playing there all the time when I was young. So last night as I was working out, I see the lights on at one of the bigger fields, and some people playing. But it looked a bit odd, perhaps a practice. But they were hitting at the middle of third and home, and somethign seemed wrong about it.

So after finishing my workout, I decided to walk over to see the game. To reminisce a little. as I walked closer, I began to realize they were not playing baseball. they were playing cricket!

So this got me a bit excited, i have never seen cricket being played in person. It explained why there was a taxi parked in the parking lot close to the diamond. hahah. So I stayed there for agood 15 mins watching them play. I still don't understand the rules, but I understood it a little more after last night. I was impressed by them hitting that ball, because it came pretty fast on a bounce off the ground, but then their "paddle" was pretty wide. Oh, and another thing, they catch everything with their bare hands. Anyways, next time i see them play, I'll approach one of them to explain the terms and the game to me. I still don't know exactly what a wicket is.

oh, I was doing some "surfing" of blogs last night and I went to this blog of Erica Huang. So I was reading some past blogs when I saw this one entry of how she found this new website, of this wedding photographer. Sherman Chu is the photographer, and he is good. I loved his website so much. And Erica was right, Pam and Judd's pictures were very very good. But what caught my attention more was the scenery in which the couples got married. Some were at a ranch, some at golf club. But the one I loved the most was Vicki and Andy held at this beautiful hall, the old Federal Reserve in San Francisco. The pictures of the setting was amazing, absolutely amazing. I loved the colour one of the hall looking from above with all the people. Makes this building looks fantastic, and so grande. I need to hire this guy for my wedding pictures. hahaha. Another one I like is the Sarah and Doug pictures. all the happiness those pictures show, and the first few of the bride waiting by the window, as if eagar and everything. And the panoramic of the bride/groom with the bridal party. The black and white look, so beautiful. You guys should all go take a look, I know Phil will like this, Sherman is a "story teller" just like Phil. hahaha.

I was surprised to see a lot of the weddings being very casual. they are all in California, but still. a lot of them had like a dark blazer with khaki pants. An interesting change, looks like the country club look I guess. I still like the traditional black and white stuff.

Have a nice day.

No comments: