The term has started, and so goes the last term of my University career. Thanks to God!.
I've gone through a lot last term, worked the hardest ever. But there was more to school that taught me lessons. What else have I learned? Well, you know how they say that it's sometimes better to lie than to tell the truth, because of the implications that the truth may bring. Well I learned that this term.
How so? Well, I've been thinking a lot about this, and perhaps telling the truth all the time doesn't bring all the rewards that they should? That if I told the truth, perhaps my words can be held against me moreso than if I told the lie. This is actually really hard for me to understand, because I totally believe in telling the truth, no matter what. What's the worse that can happen. Well, perhaps my view needs to change some. That perhaps things would be better if I lied? Do you guys think that there are times that lying is better? Cause really, the way I see it is, if the person asking the question cannot handle hearing the truth, then they should of never asked the question in the first place. Why is it up the responsibility of the person responding, does the questioner have no responsibility?
Second question, how do you know when you've been accepted into a group? By this I do not mean a cult or something, I mean like you start attending something that already has an established group of people. And you want/try to integrate with them? When can you tell that you are just one of them? I have been trying to integrate myself with a group of people, but I feel there is always something missing between I and them. Why do I feel this way?
Well, let's say the group of people are doing something as a group, and they don't call you to come or something, I think that's a good indication that your not fully in this group. What else? What about you drive a bunch of them, not far distance, but something small. Would a group of close knit friends bother to say thank-you for driving? Or is it implied? These are small things of course, but sometimes worth thinking about.
Let's leave it at this for now. =)
Saturday, January 24, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment