I have not done this in so long, and many people may have stopped reading, but that is okay. I just have this blog so that I can write, and if people read it, then that's fine too.
I have so many things on my mind that I encounter throughout my days that I want so much to write abuot, but never get around to it. some pamphlet I got, about "having a better living by improving your lifestyle around you" or a magazine article I was reading in a store about "7 myths about marriage", or that was a doozey, I even wanted to go back to the bookstore to jot down the 7 pts so I can write thoroughly about it, but never got aroundd to that.
So this blog is just about some updates, maybe some thoughts, we'll see what happens. Basically I ended school on Thursday, and I have not even started studying for my exams yet. Very unfortunate given what I usually do for exams.
So I had my final thesis/design project final paper due last Thursday. My partner and I pretty much started writing it Tuesday night. Wednesday came around, I went to my classes which ended early, I sat myself down in the hall of Bahen Centre, had two tables there, set my laptop up, got started at 4PM on Wednesday. And I left that seat at 2PM on Thursday. Yes, I stayed over at the Bahen Centre to finish writing the report with my partner. It's like icing on top of the cake, a summation of my four years of University. Throughout my four years of University, I never ONCE stayed over at University. Closest was a 3AM departure at end of third year. A few hours sleep at a friend's, and then back to school. This year I stayed there til 4AM, but I don't find that the same for some reason. This one, did not leave at all. I didn't think I was tired at all until my partner was talking to me and I fell asleep staring at him. hahaha. sorry.
What has UofT taught me? Well I can tell you it has taught me to be more proactive and outspoken, to ask questions. This is especially true about CCF teaching me this. This was especially evident at the CCF elections the past two years. I didn't shy away from asking the candidates questions. I think my questions were good, informing, and not much wrong with them. I am only allowed maximum one question per candidate, so I prep myself with some possible questions beforehand, questions that give me more than one answer to the one question. But I guess after this year I kind of felt, "Did I go too far? Did I ask too many questions?" I don't know, maybe it's because some people do not expect the questioning? But I think they should, I mean not only do the members need to gauge who is ready, or who to vote for, but also it serves as a means to show them what they may go through being on committee, because they will be questioned. So be ready.
Nevertheless, a new committee is in place, very promising, and loving to God. I will pray for them, that God will guide them to serve the campus, and meet the needs.
So back to why I have not started studying. Well given that I did not sleep for almost 40 consecutive hours, and only 3 hours in the past 62 hours, I needed some sleep. Friday I printed out about 300 pages of notes. And went to look for a friend's birthday present. My mission was to walk to Davenport and Avenue road to go buy flowers for this girl's birthday. I asked my roommate what was a good present, and she persuaded me that flowers are a good gift, as long as they are daisies, tulips, or lilies. They are in no way romantic, which is what I wanted. So I went on a mission, I walked on Davneport, and saw this truffles/chocolates store, went in to take a look. Walked out to the flower shop, there are three at that intersection, very cheap stuff. After walking back and forth comparing prices, and I was just a lost boy. Had no idea what to buy, what was good, sufficient. I ended up going back to the chocolate place and getting her truffles, something I am more familiar with. hahahah.
Today woke up a bit late as well, I ended up cleaning up my room and my notes, had tons of paper all around my room that I needed to sort out before I started studying, took me hours to do it all. After doing it, I watched the Leaf's game, and that was it. Yes Leaf's won 2-0! Series tired 1-1. But I still have not studied.
Prayer Items:
- Exams, need to graduate.
- Campus Challenge, it's been a struggle for me at times. Please pray for the bible study, speaker, and all those helping out
- future work, still in question, but I have still not found a job
- friends, it scares me a bit to lose some of my friend's after graduation
- smooth transition going back home after exams. being away has been nice, but soon i'll be headed back home.
Sunday, April 11, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment