Saturday, December 18, 2004

What is the deal with people in the UK getting FIVE WEEKS of vacation! I think that's a standard here, kind of like two weeks here is standard, although more and more now I hear three weeks is what people are getting. Then someone tells me, France, they get SEVEN WEEKS! I know France has good labour laws, that is why they do not mind going on strike, they get paid in full, or get a lot of money just being on strike is what I hear. Maybe North America needs to fight for more vacation.

The difference between Europe and North America is they live for relaxation. Everyone (for the most part) growing up in North America dreams of when they will make their first million. That is why coming out of school we all think, where are we going to work? What are we going to do with our lives? If I don't do something people are going to start thinking something is wrong with me.

But in Europe, and even moreso in Australia (from waht I know so far), it's like graduate, time to travel and enjoy it while I can. So carefree man, I wish I could be more like that. Why is it so stressed here to make money, we should all be enjoying our lives. I am too a victim of this, but slowly changing.

No comments: