Wednesday, June 21, 2006

My Addiction

I am addicted to the World Cup. I can't get enough of it, I yell, scream, watch it constantly and I'm not even a big "football" fan. I watch the world cup, and will add the Euro cup as well, but besides that, who really enjoys watching English Premier Football? The colour is dull, doesn't have the same excitement, and as for rivalries, well who really in America knows that an American bought Manchester United, or some Russian owns Chelsea, Arsenal has the coolest jerseys because they are yellow, that O2 is a mobile phone provider and not just water?

But ever since the World Cup has started, I am addicted to watching it. I love watching the German team, I find the German towns have funny names, the German players have funny names. And I can't even say my favourite is the German team cause in reality I don't have one.

Nor do I have a home team to root for, no China, no Canada. But there is something about this game that I enjoy watching. The tacticians strategizing of how to get the ball in open areas where their teammates will be, all the fancy footwork, the fancy curves (bends) the ball makes, all the kicking of other players. There is something about this game that is hard not to like actually.

So does this mean that I will pick up soccer, my stamina just is not there to run back and forth for 10 minutes let alone 90 minutes. Until then, I will wait every four years to relive my liking for World Cup Football!

1 comment:

jykchow said...

Hey Johnny Baby,

yes I'm back. you still have my email?

Joe