Friday, July 07, 2006

My Love

Everytime I talk about my travels, make suggestions to others, or read about others travels, I get this feeling inside of me of wanting to be where they are, do what they do. And I think back on all the lovely memories I have had the opportunity to experience and how lucky I have been. And to think, all this has happened in the last two years only. I had never been on a place until after I graduated University. My first flight was to London, England, taking a plane on my own to travel around for six weeks. I wasn't too nervous taking it for the first time, strolling in the terminal like I've done it many times.

There is no shortage of people travelling around Europe, or just certain cities, and everytime I talk to them about it, or read/hear about their stories, it brings me into this whole new world of life, remembering all the good times I had there, remembering everything I've seen, and just dreaming of being back there. I think, man, I really want to be there, and no just go back and visit, but be there.

I have the same feeling about New York city too, I had the opportunity to stay there for almost three months and I would say I didn't even make the most of the opportunity. I didn't get to see the MoMa, didn't get to see all the shows I wanted to watch, didn't get to eat at all the restaurants I wanted to eat at, feels like I missed the opportunity. But I must say I feel quite lucky to have stayed there for three months, experience the New York City life, see broadway shows, see live concerts on the streets of New York by singers I would of never of seen otherwise. I really enjoyed my arrangement of going there every week and not having to really live in New York City, staying a weekend or two here and there. Granted I really hated living in Time Square, but I must say there were advantages in doing that as it was midtown, equal distance to everywhere. I really miss the concierge at the Millenium Hotel, getting to know them a bit more and always having the answer of where to go and where to eat.

Again, all this tingling feeling inside of me thinking back on what great travels God has provided for me, and how lucky I have been to do all this in the span of two years. I would even say I was lucky to go to Maryland of all places, not even Baltimore, but Silver Spring. Yep, why did I enjoy it? I was there alone which made it lonely, but it was the feedom to do anything I wanted, whenever I wanted. Having my own car gave me ability to do anything I wanted. I spent one night a week up in Baltimore with some coworkers who worked there, enjoying their company and a dose of life outside work. that was really nice. Spending weekend down in DC seeing all these museums and great gigantic buildings which otherwise looked boring. Oh, I miss everything.

That is whats great about travelling, the memories and stories. Sure I've got a tons of stories, and it's too bad I don't have photos to really document my story, but it's good that I still have them inside. God has given me so much these past two years, and perhaps it was waiting 22 years before actually travelling which harnessed all this love for it that I just don't want to stop doing it. Thank You God for giving me this love and these memories.

1 comment:

dravenkenann said...

This post is so beautiful.
I enjoy reading it. And for me, I thank God for a person like you