A friend of mine gave my idea of taking pictures while there, its so boring just taking a picture of the painting, and it's also boring taking a picture standing next to it. So I decided to have some fun.

Front of the museum!

The Bather by Paul Cezanne c. 1885. This I was trying to do the same thing as the Bather.

Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh c. 1889. I am putting much thought into this picture.

I have no idea what this is, it's actually all green with a pane of glass in front of it. I am in the picture too! Can you see me?

I don't know who this is either. I was trying to make a "P" so that I can form "Poof". But obviously you can see I cannot bend that way. The guy who was taking the picture was amused.

Campbell's Soup Cans by Andy Warhol c.1962. From the little synopsis, this is all the Campbell's soup at the time he did this, and what was originally supposed to happen is all placed one next to each other and on top of each other to make it have the feeling of being on a shelf. Here i am rubbing my stomach trying to imitate the feeling "mmm' this is good!". The first time I tried this shot the guy who took it for me, I said to him "did u take the picture?", he goes to me, "no, can u stop rubbing your stomach.". I was like, that's the point of the picture, Campbell's Soup, good stuff, yum yum? He got it afterwards.
I have some other ones too, but I'll just give you these. I wish I would of thought of this wayyy before, what a great idea. Sure sometimes you look like an idiot or weird, but who cares, I had fun doing it. Although I was nervous asking people, had to ask the right person who first knows how to operate a camera (many don't surprisingly), can appreciate the humour this has (some may be so serious about "the art" that they think I am making fun of it), or some don't know english, but giving them your camera and pointing at the painting is pretty obvious what I wanted.
No comments:
Post a Comment