How Disturbing
Again, it’s been a while since I’ve done this. I think it’s just I have less time now, so don’t update it as much. But let me share with you some of the stuff I heard over 680 News last few days that I’ve found surprising and disturbing.
So I think yesterday, I heard that there was this doctor who got his license taken away from him. Now you may think what happened? Did he sexually assult a patient or something, I think that is first thing a lot of people would think of. But this guy was a surgeon, and what he did was during a serious surgery, I can’t tell you what it was, he left the surgery. He left for about 30 mins while another doctor took over, then he came back half hour later to finish off the procedure. Now how disturbing is this? It’s totally dumb, what is this doctor thinking of? Now let’s think, what did he need to leave for, something important? Well, this doctor went to the bank to deposit a cheque. This story just get’s worse and worse.
What is this doctor thinking, leaving during a surgery? Someone put their lives in your hands, trusted you, and you leave to deposit a cheque? Luckily, the anesthesiologist found this disturbing as well, so he reported it. This got to me a lot while in the car. I was like, what has this world come to? Are our little priorities greater than that of someone else’s life? I couldn’t say I’d put my life for someone else’s right now, I guess come time, it could happen, but I don’t see it really likely. I don’t know why, but I just think it’s the way we live our lives, us first, others second, it’s like a natural reaction. But if you think about this, of course we’d put our lives first, this is just the world works. I guess that is one of big reasons why we cannot become Jesus, it’s a selfish world.
The next thing I found a bit disturbing is that the World Youth day organizing committee reported a $30 million deficit, although they still say “it was successful”. They say the big reason why the shortfall of money is not enough people as expected, and another reason is many pilgrims did not pay for the events. Now what is with this? How come they did not pay for this. How ethical is that, you go to a Religious event, and you don’t pay for it when it is expected? I don’t know what is wrong with these people that did not pay, like they come to this for God, and what do they do? They go with unclean hearts because they go out of deceit. And seriously, I guess for those who could not pay for it, I think if they asked their church, they could pay for it.
And so how do they plan to make up this money? Well, of course, go to the churches, as for the followers to donate some money. They plan to print ads or something, and as for those in their church to pay for it. So it comes down to the people have to pay more.
Alright, this is all I talk about tonight. Have a good night, and God Bless.
Sunday, August 11, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment