Update
My goodness, the times between my posts are getting longer and longer. It seems every time I write on this page now, I have to say this, that it's been a while since I last blogged. Well, I have a few things written down I want to write about, but not today, I'll just let you guys know what I've been up to lately.
Last Friday night, I went to a goodbye party for Tim Chin. He is going to Rome, how cool is that. Anyways, I never really got to talk to Tim that much, but when we were at fellowships, he brought much insights that helped me a lot. The one story I will never forget is this story he said the Pastor in Waterloo told him. He said he had this cat, and he always gave the cat this cheapo brand food, and the cat would eat it. But then one day the owner switched to this expensive brand of food, much better, the cat loved it. However, when the owner tried to switch back to the cheapo brand, the cat would not eat it anymore. This was because the cat was exposed to something better, and once you've had something better, you won't want to go back. This story was brought up when we were talking about Can we sin in heaven? And the parallel is because on earth, we sin because sometimes it feels good. However, once we get to heaven, we will of tasted something far better than sin, and then we won't have to go back.
This story stuck out to me, I know this because Tim tried to tell the story again a few weeks later, and I caught him on it. I was like, eh, you told this story already. So good luck to Tim in Rome.
Saturday I went to Wasaga beach. It has been so long since I've been there. Heck, I'm not even sure I've been there. However there was this once incident in my childhood that I remember, and my father told me it happened there. It's a funny story actually. What happened was me and my cousin were playing this game where you just go into a potato sack and slide down the slide. Well, I went down the slide, and looked around for my cousin, and I did not see her. I was thiking, did she leave without me? I have to go look for her. So my dad had left us two there to play, while he went to attend to something else. So no one else was there, and I could not find my cousin, so I went out to look for her. I walked all around and of course I did not find her. I ended up going to policemen cause I was lost, could not make my way back. They asked me, "What car does your dad drive", I told him "A Firebird". However, the funny thing is he drove a "Thunderbird", but they were close, so a child can mess that stuff up. But what's even funnier is we didn't even go there in our car, so telling the policement what car he drove was useless, cause it was not there. hahaha. We went in my uncle's car. So in the end of course I got back, dunno how though. So kids out there, stay where you were told to stay, do not leave.
While at Wasaga, we walked around and I saw these shoes I liked. I ended up buying them, but when I showed them to some of my friends, one of them was like, there is this purple thing here, you should go back and ask for a discount. So they convinced me to, and I went back. Bad move. Once I told them the problem, the owner was like "Well, I'll give you your money back then", and she went to the cash, got the money and held it out to me. She didn't even let me ask for a discount. So that did not go well, I must say that lady is a good salesperson, it was a really good tactic on her part, andI ended up walking out of there still with the shoes and no discount.
Sunday I went to go see Salvation play their last game. Unfortunately, they lost, but I believe they made the playoffs! Way to go Salvation! Good luck in the playoffs!
Monday I got home from work, made dinner and ate it. And I was on my way out of the house to go to the gym when the phone rang. Calvin asked me to go Go Karting, and I was like, yeah, so I went there. That was so fun, although expensive a bit. But I had a great time. I think it was first time I've ever gone, and I definately will go again, even though it's expensive. Sorry to Karen for taking you out, but it's all fun right!
So that's what I've been up to lately. I am having a great time, and it only get's better. Hope your having a good time too, and update me on what you've been up to.
Alright, lates
-J
Wednesday, August 21, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment