My Problem
This weekend has been okay actually. I haven’t done much, but it’s still been pretty good. Yesterday night I went to dinner with a few peoples. We went to Day & Night. It was not as good as the first time I went a year ago, but it was still alright. Although I was a bit disappointed when the waiter messed up the price. He quoted me the price on this pork steak and when the bill came, it was $1.00 more than he said. Now that’s not a big amount, however it’s the principle behind it. I mean he told me a price, I expect it to be that price, because it’s not on the menu. Anyways, I didn’t bother after I complained to him.
Lately I’ve been feeling very defensive and rude. I find I don’t have any patience with people, and don’t take anything from anyone anymore. Like for example, last night I wanted to activate my VISA which had expired and a new one came in. So I called in the telephone banking and did went through the IVR and waited. Then it told me their system was down and they’d connect me to one of their associates. So again I waited. When the operator got there, she asked me to repeat my card number and my name. Then she told me after that their system is down and told me to call back tomorrow. So I totally almost freaked on her. Basically what I felt was, if their system was still down then wy are you asking me for my card number and wasting my time. Just tell me it’s down, sorry can’t help you, call back tomorrow. But no, she had to go through the repeat your card number, what is your name. I don’t know why I am so impatient now.
Basically I find now when something goes wrong, I take it out on the person who it is related to. Like yesterday night, Shirley asked me what I think about CCF. She was asking me because she was talking to Catherine and they came to the conclusion that people look like they are in groups, and it’s like you always sit with people you know etc. And although this is true, but it’s like human nature. And then she was saying how it was so evident at Kowloon by the people we sit with. But I was like, we had two tables, not that many seats there. We are bound to sit with people we know whether we intend to or not. I don’t know, I became very frustrated. But another thing is it’s one thing to identify the problem, but it’ totally different and much bigger problem to try and make it better. And CCF is a relatively large group, so there are bound to be groups and people we are closer to, and there is nothing bad with that. Fact of life is we can talk easily with some people and not so much with others.
I don’t think I can stand people as much. Maybe it’s just because I’ve become irritated a lot and don’t feel like taking anything from anyone anymore. But I don’t want to be so defensive, it become irritating for me too. So if anyone finds that when I talk to them, and I become increasingly defensive, please do point it out.
I have received many negative comments on my hair lately, somewhat bothers me actually. Not to say I don’t invite constructive criticism. The worst one I got, which I almost freaked on this girl for saying, was if I wanted to get a girl, I better cut my hair. Oh my, I almost freaked on this girl for saying this, and she already had been saying other things that irritated me a lot the whole night, but I resisted, it was hard. Anyways, I’m gonna still keep it for a while, keeping mean not cut it. We’ll see what happens later. This is the beginning of the 11th week I have not cut it.
TV Update:
The best show last week I watched was ER. If you hve not watched it, you missed a good one. I am going to summarize, so don't read further if you intend to watch it. Basically last season ended off with a scare of small pox. They found the same disease in Congo, and they never said what it was, just some form of Monkey disease. Romano got his arm chopped off by getting too close to the back blade of a helicoptor, that was the nastiest thing I saw. Nobody big died.
Smallville was very good too. Definately one of the better shows on tv. Clark saved Lana from a tornado and Chole still will not admit her deep desire for Clark. She went so far as making Clark say they only want to be friends.
CSI another great drama had their Miami spin off last week. It was not as good as original CSI. Anyways one of them had this scene where they showed ripping off the face of a dead person to get to the brain, that was very nasty.
Friends was alright, but not as good as hoped. Basically everything straightened out, nobody getting married, but Ross wondering how come Rachel said yes to Joey to get married.
Current Events Today:
- Dalton McGuinty, Liberal leader for the Ontario Provincial government wants to raise the age level children must stay in school for to 18, instead of the current 16. He says "This is the information age".
- $7.7 million set aside to improve the conditions on the 404. Thank goodness, now if only they can fix teh 401, 427, Qew, gardiner as well. I think the material and civil engineers need to get to work on some better concrete for the road so it can withstand the conditions of Canada.
- Blue Jays win 7th in a row today to end the season. Do I smell WORLD SERIES next year? nope.
Sunday, September 29, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment