Friday, November 22, 2002

Alrite, I listed a few things in yesertday's post, and I'l just take them one at a time with the new topics today too.

There was this Article I saw in Yahoo! that intrigued me. It talked about an asteroid to one day hit Earth and abolish earth. The end of the world. This sounds like it's out of a movie man, who here has seen Armageddon or the other one, don't remember it's name. They both came out at about the same time, and had the same storyline, some asteroid going to hit earth, and people are going out to save Earth. But the thing with this article that caught my eye was they don't expect this to happen until another 30,000 years. Like I am thinking, who cares. Do you know how many lifetimes that is from now. If anyone in this world is actually scared about this, they are crazy. They're gonna die way before this will actually happen. Heck, I bet is this asteroid is actually travelling in space, it's probably even too far for anyone here to actually do anything. Things in space travel very fast, and if it's gonna take 30,000 years to get here, then there is probably no way we can even get to it to prevent this occurence now.

It was announced a few days ago that the Montreal Expos will be playing baseball in Puerto Rico next year. I personally think this is a great idea, even though it means the dismantling of a Canadian team. I personally don't want to see the Expos die, because that just means Toronto is not far behind. However, I do think expanding into Latin America is a good idea. Many of the players already come from Puerto Rico, so there is a huge market for baseball down there. And there is a lot of money to be made too.

It doesn't matter anyways, have you seen the attedance at Olympic Stadium in Montreal? They have a hard time just getting 8000 people to show up a night. If the Quebecois won't support their team, then get support somewhere else. They got some great players playing there, and it's a shame. I would say their team is probably better than the Blue Jays even. But the same can be said about the Blue Jays. There is no support unless they are competing. So I have a feeling when I have kids, the Blue Jays will no longer be around unfortunately.

Did everyone hear about the outrageous night Yao Ming had last night? 30 pts, 16 rebs, 1 block. That is an amazing night for the "Great Wall". I hope this means something special is going to happen, some turn around. I think this turnaround is needs to rely on Steve Francis to work. He is the PG, and he needs to give the ball to Yao. Let's see what happens over the course of the year. This is a big step in building relations with China and US, or NBA.

alrite, I'm gonna get back to work. Some notes below on my next topics so that I do not forget.

-->Five regrets: not finishing HS, getting married, not staying at previous job, no time with family,
-->Does fantasy pools promote bad vibes? Too dedicated?
-->Taking another room without signing it out, is that ethical?

No comments: