Time goes by so fast. In the last two weeks, I have visited Waterloo and Western campuses. I must say they are similar, however I did get to see more of Western than Waterloo. From what I hear, Western is celebrating 125 years of existence. That's pretty impressive I think, doesn't compare to the 175 UofT is celebrating, however does come close. Compared to Waterloo which is from what I hear, about 50 years old. The Waterloo buildings probably don't have as much history as the other two Universities, and even though it is newer, it must have come in at an architectural low time. Because I must say the buildings look boring and ugly. They looks depressing I think. However, comparitively, Western has some that look the same, however they also have some much older buildings that look nice like UT. UT is just old, however the buildings look so much nicer even though they are old. They probably came in when the look of buildings mattered.
I have been feeling rather busy lately. I had imagined mytime off from school would give me the time to do the things I never got to do, however that is far from the truth. I have been even busier now than when I was in school. I guess the difference is when I get home, I have no homework, and also I don't have the time in between classes to do other stuff as well. Because when I'm at work, it's all work, nothing else.
Many things are happening in the news these days. There is an oil tanker in the Atlantic that has broken in half, and is expected to put tons and tons of petro oil into the ocean. This is said to be the worst environmental hazard ever. Seriously, this is pretty big, Imean fishlife as we know it is dead because of this. They say petro oil is pretty hard to break down as opposed to crude oil, which would not cause as much of an environmental hazard. I would stay away from fish for the next while, this could be entirely dangerous.
I watched 8 Mile last week. This is the movie with Eminem. I guess the movie itself was not that bad. I never had a great appreciation for rap, but I guess if you are able to just understand what the story is about, then you will be able to appreciate the movie. He has a lot of controversy obciously, but if you don't look at him like the person, but the actor, then it's good. I was impressed with how the story is done, and the lyrics and rap tht goes with it. I was having some trouvle interpreting it at the bginning, but as the movie went on, I was able to understand the lyrics.
From what I hear in ET, they talk about how Eminem shoed a different side to himself in the movie, a soft side. They say now he's gonna have a hard time going back to his normal music.
There has recently been so much news about Paul Christie, appointed supervisor of the Toronto District School Board. His job was to balance the books, and find $90 million somewhere to over shortfalls. Well, he did his job, but not without the anger of many many parents and people. I don't know all the details of his job, bu7t I feel sorry for him. He must have like the worst job in the world, besides his paycheque. Seriously, no matter what he does, he will be hated. There is not one thing he can do that will satisfy anyone. I guess that is why he is paid so much.
Funny story, I walked into the washroom today to wash my hands at work. I hear this guy talking, son I suppose he's talking to some other guy in there. He was in the stall, and I saw no one else there, although it'd kind of weird for two guys talking between stalls. But no, he was talking on his cell phone. He was probably wailing away at a customer or something, talking about product releases and stuff, from what I heard. Man, that is disgusting, talking in the stall is bad enough.
I have some other stuff I want to talk about, but don't feel like writing more, so I'll leave a note here so I can remind myself.
-->http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20021120/sc_nm/space_asteroids_dc_1
-->Expos play 22 gamesn in Puerto Rico
Thursday, November 21, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment