Tuesday, November 26, 2002

This weekend was pretty good actually. I went out with Justin to watch Die Another Day. I thought it was pretty good actually, although I think if there was slightly more talk, and less action, it would have been better. It seemed as though almost every scene was an action sequence. But all in all it was pretty good.

So I was listening to the radio last week and they were talking about five regrets people have the most. So they did this survey, and they came up with the top five list. I forgot one of them, but the others are:
- not finishing HS
- getting married
- not staying at previous job
- no time with family
I find this very interesting, expecially the getting married one. I thought it was kind of funny actually how all these people felt getting married was a regret. I hope their spouse do not know this. But then I also wonder even if they do regret getting married, if they want a divorce, or separation. I bet that even though they say this, they would not separate if given the opportunity. Now why is this? I think it's because saying is oene thing, but doing is the other. THey may have children, so they cannot separate because of the children.

Another one I find interesting is the one where they say they do not spend enough time with their family. I bet this is so true all around the world, because this world is so fast paced, and you almost always have to be working to be productive. But then I also ask myself, will I have the same regret? Will I find myself surrounding myself in work to the point I don't spend enough time with my children (asssuming one day I have children). I have a feeling my work will consume me, because I think that's thr type of person I just am. Put all my effortn into my work, in order to feel busy and productive. I actually find this kind of scary, I mean if I know it now, why can I not change? I have no answer for this.

A perfect example is my fantasy sports teams. I spend so much time on this stuff. It consumes my time. At work I go look at like about 1.5 times an hour. And nothing changes, but I will only feel better if I look at least once an hour. But is this dedication to fantasy healthy? I think it's doing no good for me, making me more competitive, causing unnecessary competition. Although I will not stop, because it's fun, and something to do.

So last week at Men's group, we had ourselves a dilemma at the beginning. we booked one room but we needed two. So the dilemma is "Do we just go take another room?", or "Do we just stick withb one room?". On one side, we have the argument of not taking it, because we did not book another. Nobody knows we are in there, so what's to say if something went wrong, we wouldn be safe. And also, is it ethical to just take another room without signing it out, I mean what does that say about Christians, do we just take whatever we want? However, on the other side is what's so wrong with just taking another room? I mean it's not big deal if we just use it, and if it's booked by someone else, worst case we leave.

So this argument went on for a good few minutes. However, what I feel is true, it may not look good on our part fortaking it, however I don't see a big problem with it. I thinknif need be, why not. The probability of something going wrong is low, so it won't hurt. I acknowledge what it may say about me, however I don't see many pepople doing differently. I think majority of people if in that situation, will do the same thing. But I also acknowledge that if someone is not confortable with it, then I would not do it. It simply is not worth the effort in convincing. But what do you think about this? It's not a big deal, but does it make a difference?

I went to the Raptors game on Sunday. It was my first time being in the ACC, it's not amazing I wouldn't say, but a nice experience. The game was just okay, was not an amazingly tight race where your on the edge of your seats watching leads change hands. But the one thing I noticed in watching it live is I miss the tv commentators. I need the talk and statistics and comparisons. PLus, the seats are kind of narrow, soI find it not as comforable obviously. I found the game rather quiet. Like the game would start again and I wouldn't know until after play has started. That's where tv comes in handy, cause you cna tell when commercials are over. ah well, it was a good trip.

No comments: