Today I went to work early. I got to work at 8AM and let me tell you, traffic was so much better at this time. I got to work in about 35 mins as opposed to the normal 50 it takes when I leave at 8:30. I guess people start later than I thought.
The verdict for the Wynona Ryder case is in, and she's guilty of two of the three counts. That means she could face up to three years in prison. This is all becuase she stole about $5500 of clothing from Saks fifth Avenue. Now many predict she will get off easy by doing community service, or something like that. Even the DA says themselves that they will not pursue the jail time.
Now is this based on popularity, cause she's a star? Or does this happen with most cases like this? I cannot but assume she is getting the star treatment. Look at all these stars who get off easy. OJ, Hugh Grant, Robert Downey (although he's committed so often it's starting to catch up). This is totally unfair treatment. What is the sense in the law if it has a double standard. If I were a lawyer, every time one of my clients does something like a high profile case like this, I'd use it to my advantage. But I'm sure lawyers are well aware of this, and don't need me telling them.
Some political news. The senate race in the US was this week. Today in the news, Florida county finds 103,00 "LOST" votes. What is with thos voting process that is so hard for the states to understand? Wasn't it just like last year or something for the presidential race that the same thing happened. All this controversy of counting votes. And I think it was also in Florida that this happened too. Do all the retirees and Mickey Mouse not know how to vote or count? You'd think after one big controversy they'd shape up their voting process and make things better. Useless.
BIG NEWS: At the Royal Ontario Museum, on display this Saturday Nov 15 until Dec 23 is the James Ossuary box. This box is thought to contain the remains of James, the brother of Jesus.
The recently-discovered James Ossuary is scheduled to be placed
on exhibit in the ROM's Mediterranean World Feature Exhibition Gallery by Saturday, November 15, 2002 and remain until Sunday, December 29, 2002.
"The ROM is honoured to receive the James Ossuary such a short time after its discovery,"stated William Thorsell, Director and CEO of the ROM. "We are delighted to be the first museum to display it and bring forward the various expert theories regarding its religious significance and archaeological history."
The James ossuary is a mid-first century C.E. limestone box believed by some scholars to have contained the bones of James, brother of Jesus. Its existence was announced in the Biblical Archeology Review on Oct. 21 in Washington, D.C., and made headlines around the world. [Go here for details]
This sounds so interesting. It was not long ago that I heard about this box on the news and now it's on display in Toronto. Cool stuff.
Friday, November 08, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment