Today is Christmas Eve. Yesteday went to Kitty's party at The Bestiary (otherwise known as the Haunted House). It was a nice party, supposed to be semi-formal but it looks like some people have varying opinions on what semi-formal is. We got the ones wearing the suits with tie (Andrew, Justin and I) to some guys wearing jeans. My impression is semi-formal is suit and tie. And dress shirt with or without tie is business casual. And then it goes down from there. I have always liked to dress up, but I think I'm getting fat. I tried on a bunch of dress pants I bought after first year and they barely fit. This was such a change from when I first bought them and they were loose. I am getting so fat.
Interesting thing I heard on the radio this morning. They were talking about what teens ask for Christmas the most. And to my surprise, what the poll said was most teens ask for WORLD PEACE!!! can you believe that, I don't believe it. What teens are they asking? the ones I know are materialistic and spoiled. we're not talking about a room full of Craig Kielberger's (if that's how you spell it).
Which brings me to this World Peace issue. It's hard for me to say, but I don't think World peace is possible. There will always be war, confrontation, disagreements, non-peaceful things. How do you expect there to ever be world peace. For all we know, this right now could be considered World Peace. I mean different people have different views about it. I mean comparing it to WWII, this right now is peaceful. So then how is one to judge if the World is peaceful? For there to be World Peace, wouldn't everyone need to agree that there is peace? We can't just have one person tell the world, "We now have world peace", how can one person judge this? That person would be pretty dumb to make such a statement.
I won the championship game for Football pool. And the thing is I let Yahoo choose my players. I forgot about the live draft, I did not pre-rank my players because I knew nothing about football. And thanks to Yahoo, I won the championship gane, beating Brian Lee in the final game. But that is not to say that I did nothing, because I had to completely change my defensive line. The ones Yahoo gave me sucked. and now I have a pretty good defensive line to give me some points. And I was able to pick up some hot starters such to get me points while some of my other players were not performing. So it was not all Yahoo.
Yesterday at work was so boring. I accomplished nothing but winning twice in 8-ball. All I did all day was surf the net, reading articles, played 8-ball and ping-pong. Afterwards I went to Wal-Mart to buy the new John Grisham book. Looks good, but I gotta finish the one I am reading right now first. And I bought this really cool magazine. Everytime I see it I want to buy it cause it looks so interesting. It's Architectural Digest, and it's a collector's Edition copy, where the main feature article is on the design of The Royal buildins. They look into tons of The Royal Estate palaces. So I guess if I never get to go to London, at least I know how it looks. But the interesting thing is they do not show Buckingham Palace, too bad.
Yesterday it Kitty's party I met this guy whose views are just amazingly different. So he's in CS, and he is graduating this year. So I asked him "Are you looking for work now?". And he said no, he's in no rush. He says he prefers to relax. I thought that was so cool, not many people can say that. I was amzed by his answer because it's totally different from most CS people, cause they are probably frantically searching for a full-time job now. so props to this guy who see the world in a bigger view. relax first, you got rest of your life to work. Too bad I just can't follow that way, I get too bored not doing anything..
Tuesday, December 24, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment