Bus Tales (for Kitty, adn anybody else whose interested)
This is a short one. So today, was dropping off my dad and sister at the GO train station. We sit in the car waiting for a time closer to when their train arrives. One of the long stretch two car buses with the accordian type thing in the middle pull in in front of us on the street perpendicular to the one we are parked at. Everyone get's off, the driver gets out of his seat. I think he wants to look in the whole car to see if anything/anyone was left. So he walks to the back, and I knew I saw no one in the driver seat. Then suddenly, the bus starts moving forward, no driver, no one controlling, it just starts going. hahahaa. The bus driver quickly runs back to the wheel to try and stop it. Luckily he did, and lucky for him, no one got hit, and not many people saw it. Man, he would have this huge major lawsuit on this hands if someone for hurt. Bus drivers, what are they doing?!
Update on the weekend, which was pure softball. I think I badly injured my throwing arm. In past years, when I played outfield, my arm would have this minor pain when I throw far distances. But they go away fast. But today, man, I could not stand this major pain. I think I might of torn a muscle or something, because it's in some serious pain. It's better today after a night's rest, but I had to ask Bernie to take me out some innings, because I definately could not throw for beans without major pain.
On the flip side, after leading Sanctuary in batting average last year, we played two games yesterday, I went 1-6 with 4 strikeouts. Now most of the strikeouts were not my fault, all the pitches were high and in, and I'm sorry,I cannot hit those, anywhere else and I should be able to at least put it in play. My first at-bat was good, hada solid line drive hit, then it was all downhill from there. Anyways, we won our second game, lost our first. Record: 1-1. and Injuries, like our true selves, we now on our team have: 1 hand injury, one groin injury, one arm injury, on minor scrape on the knee. Like the true TCBC teams, we're injury prone.
In addition, I purposely did not put sun screen on the upper part of my arm, because I was already getting a farmer's tan. So I only applied sun screen on the forearm. bad move I guess. My arm tan is alright, it's getting there, but my shoulders are in pain this morning. I have this massive sunburn on both my shoulders, because I roll my sleeves up for extra ventiliation. hehehe. Anyways, next time, sun screen on shoulders and forearm, because need to try and get rid of some of this farmer's tan.
Congratulations to team Sanctuary (TCBC's other Sr team) who scored 17 runs in their game. They mercied (scored 7 runs in one inning) twice. Unfortunate for them, the other team mercied them 3 times, and scored 34 runs. Final Score, 34-17. But heck, 17 runs is good, I'm not sure we scored 17 runs combined in our games this weekend. You'll win games this year Sanctuary, I believe!
Funny thing at work I find. I have this program that is all mine, I started on it from the beginning, and I am expected to finish it before I leave. However, I am like writing it blindly right now. It's expected to validate a the data in a network using some defined rules. However, I am unsure about these rules, i have to guess how the data will come. and we have no equipment to test it afterwards. so everything I guess. oh yeah, good software huh. hahahah
I am in the market for a USB drive for my laptop that uses flash memory cards. If anybody knows of a cheap deal, please contact me. You can write an e-mail to me on the "Comments to Jon-C" on the left-frame. Or if someone knows of a cheap wireless cards, please mention to me too.
It for now, I got other unrelated stuff to talk about, but maybe next time
Monday, June 09, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment