Monday, June 02, 2003

The weekend was good actually. Let's start with my Friday. I gave a call to my friend Freda, adn she told me she was on her way out to our High School Anniversary celebration. So I told her I was skeptical of going, but then I ended up going for the little time I could stay, because I had fellowship after. So anyways, I guess it brought back slight memories of high school, but it kind of made me think. Freda showed up late there, and as I was walking around, there were many people at the liturgy at the time. However, it made me feel kind of lonely. I mean I hardly talked to anybody there until much later. Some people I talked to before when I was in high school, it's like we ignore each other. Maybe that's my fault, but still, I saw no eye contact, so I did not make a move to say hi. I know, it's bad of me, but it's a dual relationship too. So anyways, needless to say, I did not enjoy my time there, all 30 mins of it. I saw some people i had not seen in a while, but it was no special moments or anything. I was actually kind of glad to leave, there was something better to look forward to, fellowship.

So I got to fellowship late, and saw them sitting around. Then like after a while, I was like, what are we doing today. Anyways, originally planned did not go through, so we ended up talking/planning part of the English Congregation retreat to be held Civic Holiday weekend in August. The weird thing is how much I know about it, and I don't even go to the church. And even more surprising, how much input I put in, again because I don't go to their church service, don't know what their goals are, etc etc. But as I was talking, I really had a passion for this retreat, odd. And what's weirder, there were a couple there that went to CC, and it was like modelling this retreat after CC almost, gotta stay away from that because it's a different purpose.

As I was sitting there talking about this retreat, I thought to myself, how come I don't have this passion for TCBC? How come i never really took it upon myself to go forward and help out in the church? It's a question i can't answer, however I think I'm gonna change. I'm gonna join the planning committee for the English Congregation retreat for TCBC, to be held Labour day weekend. When I went to church on Sunday, luckily there was an announcement in the bulletin, and then Ivy came to me to ask me if I wanted to help. So there you go, i told her of my intentions, and we'll see what happens now.

Saturday I promosied Sun-Ching I'd help her, and team Sanctuary (our church's other Sr softball team) umpire the three games this weekend, becaue the Sanctuary umpires are in quarantine. So if anybody was around Saturday, it rained all day. We ended up umping two games, and cancelled the third. We stopped each of the games early, however still official game. By the end, some of my fellow umps were freezing, so I lent him my jacket, cause I happened to have some extra clothes in the car. Anyways, the umpiring was not good experience because of the rain.

No comments: