Friday, July 18, 2003

The Metrosexual male

This is Me! hahaha

So this is supposed to be some new term, this is the second time I've heard of it. this is supposed to be the new trend in types of guys.

the Metrosexual male is described as "Sports section in hand, golf clubs/basketball/soccer ball at the ready, he can cook up a blow-your-socks-off pasta feast while discussing the merits of wines and wrenches with equal intensity." Futhermore, " 'These men,' the study's authors continued, 'aren't wimps or effeminate in any way. They're confident in their masculinity and in their sense of self. They tend to be concentrated in and around big cities [hence the term "metro"], but even those outside metropolitan areas are marked by a certain degree of urbanity and sophistication. They're knowledgeable about clothes and--unlike the stereotype of the American male--they enjoy shopping for them. They like to look and feel good. Are they gay? Mostly not, but they are comfortable being around people of other sexualities.' "

So what do you think? I think this is true actually, times are changing and the prototypical guy is changing as well. Many guys these days can whip up a meal, go shopping, play sports, and still have an intelligent conversation.

So why is this then, why is it changing. I don't know whether I want to list possibilities, because it may get my in trouble, but heck, who cares. So I ask why? Is it because the "stereotypical" idea of a women cooking and cleaning is not longer true because they themselves have trouble doing so? (let's face it ladies, many girls out there cannot cook, admittedly so). Is it because the guy finds they have to rely on themselves instead of the girl? is it because guys think this is what girls want, so they change to impress? So many different scenarios, and probably not one answer. But girls, does this type of guy impress you then?

No comments: