So a lot happened this weekend. Actually, not so much.
Saturday I had a nice workout in the morning and then I bladed home. But first I went to teh video store a little further way from my house to rent some movies, becuasse I wanted to spend the day doing nothing but watching tv. So I'm not the best roller blader, but I'm alright at it I think. So anyways, I fell twice!
First time was entirely my fault. Dumb me going down this newly paved road into the plaza, needed to make a turn but was doing it too fast. Next thing I know I'm heading too fast into the video store head first. ahahah. trying to avoid it, I slam my hands on the windows, spinning, and then finally falling. Boy, the view from inside would've looked funny, But when I went in, nobody said anything to me, or looked at me funny. So anyways.
Second time this idiot driver starts turning into another pllaza as I was crossing the entrance. he was coming frmo behind me, so obviously I did not see him. He starts turning and so I tried to adjust to avoid this idiot driver. I fall, he just looks at me. Doesn't ask how I'm doing, nothing. Boy, I wanted to just slam my hands on his car and start screaming at him so badly. Wanted to give him a piece of my mind. But I resisted, and I just walked away. Couldn't be bothered to make a scene, although I wanted to.
So the ride was about 25 mins, for about little less than 5K. So not bad I don't think, 12km/h or something. The road was bad, some of the roads were too narrow going downhill, next time possibly I take the long way, residential.
Sunday supposed to have practice, and less than 5 mins of throwing the rain started coming down too hard. Ended up going bowling. I don't like bowling too much these days, cause I suck. I was okay the begin with, but lately everytime I go, I suck. last time I couldn't even hit 50, if even 40. hahaha. So this time, started off okay, then tailed off, then picked it up again. Bowled a 98 or something in my last game, which I was unhappy about, cause could of been better. But at least it's somewhat respectable I think.
Friday I attended this speaker session at Brampton Chinese Baptist Church. Man, this church is so freaking far away, felt like forever getting there. Anyways, I was looking forward to this, he was supposed to talk aboout Apologetics, and I was under the impresion he was going to get into the how to defend your faith. And this intrigues me.
However, although he seems like a good speaker, and he is dramatic enough to get the attention of a crowd, I was a bit disappointed he did not get to this notion I had of the speaker session. But I am not surprised.
Maybe I interpreted incorrectly the purpose of the session. Maybe although I thought it was supposed to talk about how to defend your faith, but it was actually why it is important to defend your faith. So that could be my misinterpretation.
But he wasn't bad, just I expected something different. He talked mostly how why it is important to defend your faith. And also some dangers when talking to others about your religion. So his talk was most why, and to think before talking.
I'm not surprised he did not get into the how. Becuase the how is not very well defined, because there is no one way to do something. There is not book to follow and every situation is probably different. and this is why the how always intrigues me and get's me excited. But nobody ever talks about the how, because the how is never foolproof. One can share how they did so, but you cannot always use the same ideas.
Not many people talk about the how in many topics, because they cannot tell yuo how to do something, but just to think and learn when/before/while doing it. It's also dangerous to get into the how because if it does not work, it may cause you to doubt the idea, the purpose, and also the one who said it. So that is why i should not expect to hear many hows anymore.
Nevertheless, he was a good speaker, Mark Cassidy is his name. He has good points, and is clear and to the point. Although I find some of the things he says is just playing with words.
Was thinking on the way to work when I'd cut my hair. I saw Dan's hair for the first time this weekend since he cut it. And I was thinking, my hair is pretty long, when do I want to cut it? then I thought, will anybody buy it? Maybe I can make a profit on my hair, that wouldn't be too bad. Hair sells for a lot, so if I can only find a place that buys hair, I may be able to make some good money, although it'd mean I'd prob have to shave it off, but for the money, maybe I'd be willing to? anybody know a place that buy hair?
Okay, just took a look to see how long this is and I've said a lot today. Better get back to my work.
Monday, July 21, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment