Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Finally Campus Challenge is over, or at least the actual conference itself. What has been like another course for the whole year, since September, is finished. I really cannot believe what I have been through since this all started, and even furthermore doing it during my fourth year of University. Surely it has been done, just not by myself.

As I reflect back on my experience, I am pleased. There have been many obstacles, and I thank God for helping me through them. Helping me to overcome the hardships, and the struggles that came along with serving Him. Today I was asked whether I would hang up my tag and rest for a little. And I had never been asked that question before, so it was interesting being asked it. So I thought for a second, and I thought to myself, well I am not really stressed nor was overly stressed over the course of the time. So I said to him, "I am open if something comes up, whatever it may be." Seriously, I liked what I did this year, I feel I could do it again if called. And if I do, it'll keep my mind off my unemployment, so.....

Anyways, one of the most major things from this year's Campus Challenge is that for the most part, it was on-time. Most conferences/retreats and stuff are never on-time. They are always late. But until Sunday night, everything was on-time and we were not late, or else we made up for the schedule elsewhere, so at the end of all the meals, we were all caught up. So I think people appreciated that a lot. And they also appreciated the more relaxed schedule, as in not as packed, and more free-time. Free-time is underrated, and should be cherished, whether catching up on some sleep, or some quiet time with God.

One thing I kind of feel bad that I did not get a chance to do, or one of two things actually. That is taking pictures. I like taking lots of pictures to capture the moment and the whole experience. Because when I put them all together, they tell a story, and I can rememeber it with them. But I forgot my charger, so I could not charge my battery. And furthermore, just was too busy to take anything, to even care to take pictures. So it's alright, maybe I'll take some of other peoples' memories (i.e. pictures).

The second thing I could not do this time was to take some time to myself in the morning by taking a morning walk or blade (as I was going to do). Last year my most memorable moment was the quiet time to myself I took before the whole day began. This whole weekend was too rainy and I got lazy in the morning instead of getting up, I went back to sleep. It's too bad really, I needed some exercise, I needed some time away of doing nothing, and I wanted to see the scenery.

For me personally, I felt this was a more relaxed CC, and unfortunately I did not feel the same power as I did the first time I went, and even the second time I went. Last year I wrote how I felt there was something wrong with Campus Challenge for myself. This year, I liked it a lot, but I think the fact I had to do so much, it took away a little from my own experience at CC. Granted, I gained most of my time with God and learning from God through the year working on CC, so maybe it evens out? It's not that CC was bad, it's just I had a hard time feeling the moment.

That's it for CC now, I have evaluated my position for next year and CC, so I will try to work with what I've thought and felt these past few weeks, and go from there.

No comments: