Been through my three weeks of training at work now, and Tuesday Morning I start on my new project. I am very excited to get started on my work and learn more. As much as the traniing helped in teaching me about a lot of things, I still feel I will learn exponentially more on my first project. I thank God for providing this job to me, feel so lucky for that.
I was talking to the coordinator of the training on Friday. This guy knows so much about the products and has been with the company since the start in 1999. He has done so much for this company on getting tons of huge projects. History is he tells me he started there along with a few others who still work there. However, the difference is this guy is doing the training, is a senior consultant, but the other guys are executives in the company. He was saying how it is interesting how their careers have differed, and how much the others have advanced in the company. I felt at this point it was a slightly touchy subject, but he was telling me how he feels it's a problem of when you know too much. This guy knows so much about the project, how to deal with the clients, and being able to pretty much anything with the product for the client. And this is his achilles heel, because he is just too important in the Professional services and consulting aspect, that it makes it hard for him to make executive. I admire him, because he has done so much for this company. And he looks back at his time with this company and he was the first consultant in the company. He made the first generation Java product the company sells, to a customer that was buying a product that did not exist yet. And now he doing the training for new consultants, and pretty much affecting as much as 12 people each three weeks and making them consultants. I hope my career can be as fulfilling as his, because he truly loves his job and loves passing on the knowledge he has gained over the past years to others and affecting their lives to become better people. I only hope my life can be used to that extent.
GOOD BYE SACHIN! my good friend Sachin is going to Japan for a year to work. The company he did his internship with and been working with since graduation ws able to provide him an opportunity to work in Japan for them. So it's a huge change for him, as he is Indian. So needless to say he'll stick out. But this is a good opportunity for him, and wish him all the luck. Organized a farewell party for him, and was surprised how many people made it out. That really makes me happy, so see people care for one another, able to send him off, and wish him a goodbye. take care over there Sachin!
Also went to KITTY AU's Art show opening. It was so good Kitty! Your paintings remind me of Barcelona and the Sangrada Familia again. I was looknig at one painting specifically (the one cloest to the door) and I have a picture just like it I think. Anyways, they all look great and am so happy for you having the opportunity to put this show on. Looking forward to going to many more!
Funny thing happened at work on Thursday. So we are doing this simulation of a ral project dealing with client (who are actually the trainers). anyways, so we have been working for almost two weeks, and building the application for the whole week, when 2PM on Tuesday comes around and the server stops. The trainer goes to check the server and finds it is down, and going to take a while to fix. So he coems in and says, "So, every thursday we go down for a drink.". hahaha, so 2PM, we go to the bar downstairs and have a beer. I find this funny, but I don't mind doing it once a week! We come back up, and find out the HD is fried, all our work is GONE! And the project is due the next day! So we redo everything we did for the week n under 2hours. Amazing I think, but it does show how much we learned the product. However also it's a good example of how technical people work. Once we get to know how to do something, we can do it fast the second time.
Another funny thing happend today after church. So last week I went to Bluenotes to buy two white t-shirts to wear as undershirts. I brought them home, looked at them again and saw one was kind of yellowy, so I returned them both this week. They were $12.50 each, but promotion of 2 for $20. Total is $23 with tax. So I get them returned, signed it without looking at the receipt. I go home with my parents and look at the receipt and find that instead of returning $10 a shirt for $23 total, she returns $12.50 a shirt for a total of $28.76! hahaha, the girl gave me $5.75 for free. I know, ethically maybe I should go back and tell them, but it was charged on my VISA, and she did not give me back the original receipt. So all I have now is the receipt for the return fo $28.76. Oh well!
Sunday, October 10, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment