So I am going to stop this University reflection thing at year three, even though Year four was by far my most interesting, and learned year. Perhaps I will go back to it after this blog. Been away from blogging just because man, time does not allow for me to blog often.
Work, man it's been crazy for past two months. I had to work late nights and weekends. Was really rough, but I tried to be flexible to some extent, and not complain too much. If I had nothing to do that day, then I might as well go to work and make some money. But last few weeks I have felt it's taken a toll on me. I'm just kind of fed up with politics, and not being able to get answers to things that require for me to continue my work. I just feel that trying your best to answer others questions if they are depending on them is essential, because you are not affecting others life. When you are the one who should have the answer to the question, you should answer it, in good time. Now if you seriously do not know the answer, at least reply back and tell me yuo don't know, instead of me just waiting for goodness sake. Anyways, I'll live for now, but I must say that was my one negative experience at work, but it will be same thing everywhere, I know that.
I had a bad experience recently, not work related. But I volunteered to do something recently, that I really did not want to do, and I knew I could not do it well. I tried to get others to do it first, but to no avail. So then I do this "thing", knowing I was not going to be good at it, and I get complaints. Not personal attacks or anything, that I know of, but more questioning the intent of the "group", and the goals, and this must have been spurred by what I was doing, I mean they could of mentioned it any other week, but no, right after mine. So here is my beef, I know it was not great, and perhaps I could of done better as well. But I did try, and I knew it wasn't going to be good, I tried to ask others, and all declined. So, you get what you ask for, my belief don't complain about something you have control over, step up to the plate and take control. And don't complain about others if you are unwilling to step up to the plate.
This blog has been really negative, let me look at something more positive. I went to go see Wicked last week. Wicked is a musical and it's the other side of the story of Wizard of Oz. Where Wizard of Oz focusses on Dorothy, Wicked focusses on the Wicked Witch of the West. It must say this was one of the wittiest shows I've watched, and it was really creative. I saw my friend got the book and I must read it now. I just have to finish my other stack of books before I go off and buy more. The thing with this musical is either people have heard about it and really want to see it, or they have not heard of it at all. It's an off mix, but luckily we bought early, cause it was worth watching.
The same thing can be said of Hotel Rwanda. I must say I left this movie feeling hurt, and in pain, emotionally. Because this movie brings out so many emotions of sadness. For those who do not know, this movie is an account of the genocide in Rwanda in the early 90s. A lot of people have not heard of what happened there, but this movie although I do not know for sure, suppoedly shows vividly what went on there. And it's also to try and bring awareness to people that this is still happening in places like COngo, and people say North Korea. But I must say people should watch this. I did not really know about the Genocide either. in fact the only thing I remember from early 90s was the Gulf War. I totally remember it because I was young, and I obviously saw it on tv, and everytime my dad, who was working in Hong Kong at the time flew back, I'd pray that he'd be home safe, and that there would not be some firing at the plane. Perhaps it was a childish way of thinknig, but I was young, and it could happen. I wonder if it was this that clouded others from seeing this horrific acts in Rwanda?
I think that's all I will write for tonight. Next time I want to write a reflection on this book I read about Lance Armstrong, church services "what did you think"?, and perhaps campus fellowships and taking an interest in peoples's lives. Let's see if this "trail" of notes helps me continue to blog.
Saturday, March 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment