This week is starting off really cool. I went to Monday Night Football last night. NY Giants vs. New Orleans Saints. It was a rescheduled game that was supposed to be played on Sunday in New Orleans. But because Katrina decided she did not want them to play, they rescheduled for Monday in Giants stadium. There were so many empty seats in the stadium, I think everyone thought they were sold out, but nope!
So I realize now why football teams are so rich, it's so expensive going! Tickets are like US$70 for the lowest priced tickets, you got food which is always a rip off anywhere near a stadium, you need beer which they sold out of it seemed, and it all adds up to an empty wallet.
But this was great seeing, Harry Connick Jr performed the national anthem, George Bush (not the W) was there to accept money for the relief effort. And the fans were absolutely phenomenal. Everyone was wearing a Giants jersey, and I saw a few fights in the stadium because they were so passionate. I think some guy got beer spilled on him, and the guy who spilled it antagonized him like 'what you gonna do about it?'. The guy who got spilled on just left for security, but the guy dind't even get thrown out, what a bunch of crock.
anyways, another great game in the books, next stop, go see a Knicks/Rangers game. And I still have not seen a baseball game here yet. oh, I should mention depite being so expensive, it was still so worth it because I will never get to do this again!
Tuesday, September 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment